Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.3.3 storage MB

Default iPhone 4.3.3 storage MB
    I saw a friends iphone 4 yesterday and noticed he had more MB of storage compared to mine. He had loads of repos and cydia apps installed compared to me. I re-jailbroke yesterday and only got a max of 331mb. I just added iFile just now and went down to 319mb, is this normal or is there anything i can do to increase this? Sorry id this is a stupid question. Oh i am on 4.3.3

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you are talking about primary partition, you can increase it to whatever you like when you restore to a custom firmware with increased partition. If you are talking about RAM, it is due to loading of your apps.

Here is a pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0329.png  

Thanks

That is RAM usage, iphone 4 has a maximum of 512 MB, so it all depends on what is running in the background. When you do a reboot or respring, you will get the max minus your IOS running programs.

288 or 331 is normal balance of free RAM, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-03 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks for the reply. I can't understand how my friends iPhone 4 had got more RAM left than mine after installing more apps and repos? He has installed double the stuff i have and is still at 335mb and i am at 319mb now.

Thanks

Installing more apps and repo do not affect the RAM, it is only when you open up some apps or running the apps, closing or terminating the apps that you open will free up more RAMS or do a end processor will also give you more free RAMs.

When i install more repos or apps sometimes the storage mb goes down.