Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No signal after jailbreaking iphone 3gs

Default No signal after jailbreaking iphone 3gs
    I had my iphone 3gs unlocked, the phone was on a orange network, but i need it to work on a 02, but now after being unlocked and jailbreaked that phone doesnt get any signal. I have ultrasnow 1.2.3 installed and my baseband is 06.15.00. I have tried to download a fixer for ultrasnow, but it doesnt seem to work.
    Any ideas?
    thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Might need to just create a new custom firmware and restore to it. Could be a jb that didn't go right. If you're with O2 I think they unlock iPhones for customers. Even if you have the iPad baseband installed, maybe think about calling O2 to see if they'll unlock for you so you don't have to worry about ultrasn0w not working.

I called them, and they said they dont unlock other networks phones...so if i create a custom firmware, the phone will get full signal? How do i do this?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

There's no guarantee that you'll get it working. The best thing to do is to just restore and rejb.

Create a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze. Google a guide for sn0wbreeze jailbreak 4.3.3 and you'll find some good illustrated guides.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Make sure you choose activate while building your cfw 4.3.3 from snowbreeze 2.7.3 if you don't have the official sim to activate.
    Make sure your are pointing your hosts file towards apple server.
    I recommend using redsn0w rc15 just to put your iPhone into pwned dfu mode b4 restoring in iTunes to cfw of 4.3.3

I have the same problem.

I have iPhone 3G S ,with old Bootrom.
    Installed custom 4.3.3 firmware that was created with snowbreeze 2.7.1
    It was hacktivated and i installed ultrasnow 1.2.3 right after the firmware update

now i dont have signal and it says no service. what can i do ??