Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did I just brick my IP4??

Default Did I just brick my IP4??
    Ok heres what I did! I was using Cyberduck to clear out my Dreamboard files. I removed Dreamboard a month ago and was trying to re-install and I kept getting an error on the install on the phone, dont remember exactly, but it had something to do with Appleweb V2 and Dreamboard associated with that.
    So I fire up Cyberduck to try and SHSH off the phone and try the install of Dreamboard again. Well, I didnt realize was that the WHOLE Var file was also selected along with the DB Appleweb V2 was also selected and I ended up deleting off the phone the VAR file! Now all I get is the "Connect to Itunes" page on phone. I cant even get it into DFU mode with holding down the power/sleep home button combo. And yes I did it for ten seconds ETC.

So am I now screwed? How can I get this into DFU so I can restore?

Thanks from an Idiot!
    John

yah i think you are pretty much screwed, and will have to restore.

you don't need to put the phone into dfu mode in order to restore. it sounds like you are in recovery mode, which should let you restore your phone.

if not, try this iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode

or

just try restoring in itunes as is.

if you can't restore than there is still a few things you can do. use a different usb port on your computer would be the first thing and then try to enter dfu mode (or as is in what i think is recovery mode), idevices sometimes don't want to work with just any usb port. if that doesn't work than try a different computer. if all else fails, then goto your local applestore with your tail between your legs and get them to fix it.

good luck and pay attention next time before hitting delete