Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken in Thailand

Hey guys,

Got my phone jailbroken in Thailand, I'm no longer there so I thought I'd give this a shot myself at fixing all the problems I have but I'm gonna need some help from you pros:

-ispazio repository: tried to delete it multiple times but never works

Other problems include:
    -error refreshing data
    -posix: connection refused
    -posix: connection reset by peer
    -host unreachable
    -error in preparing archives
    -something with PIRATE APPS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM AND NO DISCUSSION WHATSOEVER and bigboss

I've also tried updating the changes in Cydia but everything will just error on me. Also, my YouTube and iPod don't work but I feel like I can't fix those until I fix Cydia.

Please help! Thanks

Oh yea, it's an iPhone 3G running on 3.1.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-02 at 10:56 PM.

upgrade it to whatever the newest version is, ios 4.x and then jailbreak with redsn0w

ios 4 is apparently slow on iphone 3g tho, so if you have your shsh files on 3.1.3, then restore to a fresh 3.1.3 and jailbreak with redsn0w, that way all your errors will be cleared and you have a fresh start.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

SHSHs are not required for 3.1.3 on an iPhone 3G so a restore to 3.1.3 should be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

Updated the firmware with the intention of downgrading, but in the process, it has now locked my phone and keeps me from accessing my phone (on the computer too).

It used to be unlocked (phone from US, living in Australia) and now I can't access my phone! Only emergency calls...any idea what to do to get it working again?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Depending on the firmware you are currently on, you can jailbreak and hacktivate to bypass the emergency call screen. To unlock it to use with your carrier again, you can go to Cydia after you jb and download Fuzzyband. See if it will downgrade your baseband. I'm assuming since you said you upgraded before, you've lost an unlockable baseband. Double check to be sure and see what your modem firmware in settings is. If it is not 5.13.04 or below then proceed to install Fuzzyband.

If Fuzzyband detects you don't have bootloader 5.08 and cannot downgrade your baseband, you must consider how much unlocking is worth to you. Bc without the 5.13.04 bb and without a 5.08 bootloader, the only option left is to upgrade to 4.2.1 and use redsn0w to install the iPad baseband 6.15.00. This will allow unlocking again but it will also break your GPS permanently until a solution is found (which has not been definitive as of recent).

Edit: the jailbreak tool to use on 3.1.3 to hacktivate and jb is redsn0w 0.9.4 (point to the 3.1.2 ipsw) and for 4.2.1 redsn0w 0.9.6rc17 is used.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

Thanks for the responses!

I was able to get passed the Emergency Calls only using redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 (YAY!) for ios 4.2.1 and then when I tried to downgrade it back to ios 3.1.3, it kicked me out and now I'm back a couple steps. Now I'm stuck at the apple logo and can't get back into my phone (Fail on my end). After this, I tried getting back in with redsn0w 0.9.6b6 but to no success

Who's going to be my hero?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Youre stuck in a boot loop. Set your phone into dfu mode (if you don't know how manually, google for how to DFU mode)

Then open iTunes and restore to 3.1.3 again. Then use redsn0w 0.9.4 (not any other version) with a 3.1.2 ipsw (yes your phone can be on 3.1.3 but use 3.1.2 for redsn0w) to get past emergency call screen/jailbreak.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Use Exit recovery from TU to kick out error 1015

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The "other" problems can be fixed by switching your profile from a "User" to a "Developer" profile.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcbzr For This Useful Post:

dudlin (2011-06-06)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY!!!! It's almost a bid odd that now I have a working phone ::jumps up and down::

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU (especially i.Annie)!!!!!!!!!!

Update on my 3G (running on ios 3.1.3):
    -Baseband is 05.15.14 (dang the ios 4.2.1 update!!!)

Is this this my only option?
    1) upgrade to ios 4.2.1 and update to 6.15.00 baseband only to break the GPS, increase battery drainage, and have all these changes permanent

By reading above, google searching, and looking at other forums, it sounds like there is no way to downgrade the BB, is that correct?

Unlocking is very important to me since I'm living in Australia and need it to read the sim card here (among other countries) but having the GPS is also really important since it helps me get around the city.

Any loop holes?
    Like ways to download a particular BB/restoring it completely so that it doesn't sense that I once-upon-a-Saturday updated it to ios 4.2.1/getting it from a friend, deleting and reinstalling iTunes...anything?

My bootloader is 5.08 and I've tried to run Fuzzyband to downgrade the BB but it didn't work.