Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs accidentally updated

Default 3gs accidentally updated
    Dear friends, I have a 3gs. I bought it last year and had successfully jailbroken it and unlocked it. Used it for a year. 2 days ago I accidentally left it plugged in to my computer and my brother hit the update prompt in itunes. Now the phone simply displayes the emergency call screen and says "insert valid sim to activate"
    I have no idea what version its updated to or what the current software is in the phone. Before updating I know it was 3.1.3 and the bootrom was 5.13.04.

Please tell me what I can do to fix it. I am simply downloading different ipsw files from Download iPhone Firmwares | Download iPhone iOS , iPod Touch Firmware , IPSW Files | iPhoneHeat
    and trying to restore after going in DFU mode, but nothing is working.

Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You are now at 4.3.3 and your baseband is not unlockable unless you upgrade to ipad baseband which may break your GPS function.

What you can do now from emergency screen, if you don't have a valid sim run redsn0w RC16 and choose install cydia and ipad baseband if you want to unlock it with Ultrasn0w.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-31 at 09:37 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

amstro (2011-06-01)

Thanks a million iyeow. i'll try it and let you know if it works. Ibasically had no idea what version it was updated to. thanks very much.