Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reset my 3GS question

Smile Reset my 3GS question
    Hi
    I upgraded to 3GS baseband 5.1.1 using sn0wbreeze to ver 4.3.1 and unclock for tmobile. Right now, I'm very happy what I'm having. Btw, I did not save my base band thru Cydia ( I don't know how and never did it before)

Here is my question.
    1) in the future, if I want to reset my phone to ver 4.3.1 again as manufacture setting and jailbreak and unlock again, can I be able to do it? If yes, how? Apple won't let me use older version if they release new version

Thanks
    Tom

Thanks

The question is, do you see numbers in green along the top of your Cydia, like this?

If you do, you can restore to any numbered version you see there (so if you see 4.3.3, you can restore to 4.3.3; if you see 4.2.1 you can restore to that, etc.) You will only see the green numbers if you clicked "Make my life easier, thanks!" on the front page of Cydia or if you've run TinyUmbrella on your computer to save SHSH blobs.

You will be able to restore to any version of iOS you have blobs for (see the numbers for in Cydia, or find in TinyUmbrella). In order to restore to an old firmware, just start TinyUmbrella's TSS Server and option (or shift for Windows) + restore through iTunes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

_tom_ (2011-06-02)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The question is, do you see numbers in green along the top of your Cydia, like this?

If you do, you can restore to any numbered version you see there (so if you see 4.3.3, you can restore to 4.3.3; if you see 4.2.1 you can restore to that, etc.) You will only see the green numbers if you clicked "Make my life easier, thanks!" on the front page of Cydia or if you've run TinyUmbrella on your computer to save SHSH blobs.

You will be able to restore to any version of iOS you have blobs for (see the numbers for in Cydia, or find in TinyUmbrella). In order to restore to an old firmware, just start TinyUmbrella's TSS Server and option (or shift for Windows) + restore through iTunes.
    I have a jailbreak iPhone 3GS on 4.1 and I do have those numbers in cydia (mine shows: SHSH:iOS 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.3).

However when I start TinyUmbrella and restore through iTunes, I keep have error 1604.

What should I do now in order to restore my iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sofe View Post
    I have a jailbreak iPhone 3GS on 4.1 and I do have those numbers in cydia (mine shows: SHSH:iOS 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.3).

However when I start TinyUmbrella and restore through iTunes, I keep have error 1604.

What should I do now in order to restore my iPhone.

Thanks
    Nobody can help?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sofe View Post
    Nobody can help?
    This is what you do :
    Create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 either by Pwnage tools 4.3.3 or Snowbreeze 2.7.3
    If you have an unused sim card to activate : then go uncheck the : activate my iphone in Expert option otherwise > check mark it to hactivate.
    Make sure you have the atleast itunes 10.2
    Run tiny umbrella, advanced option > uncheck : set hosts file to cydia, save and close it.
    Now Run Redsn0w RC 15 > browse to stock 4.3.3 : only check the last box > set iphone into dfu mode only.
    Run this redsn0w until message says DFU done and iphone is black.
    Now start itunes : shift + restore to custom fw of 4.3.3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sofe (2011-06-11)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    This is what you do :
    Create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 either by Pwnage tools 4.3.3 or Snowbreeze 2.7.3
    If you have an unused sim card to activate : then go uncheck the : activate my iphone in Expert option otherwise > check mark it to hactivate.
    Make sure you have the atleast itunes 10.2
    Run tiny umbrella, advanced option > uncheck : set hosts file to cydia, save and close it.
    Now Run Redsn0w RC 15 > browse to stock 4.3.3 : only check the last box > set iphone into dfu mode only.
    Run this redsn0w until message says DFU done and iphone is black.
    Now start itunes : shift + restore to custom fw of 4.3.3
    Thanks for your reply. but what if I do not have an unused sim card to activate?

Thanks

Then you have to check mark , activate my iphone under general in expert option to hactivate it. Remember the steps i ask you to point your hosts file towards apple server by unchecking set hosts file to cydia under TU.

ok. I am quite new to this and not too good at it, but will give it a try, and hopefully it works.

Thank you so much.

Thanks

OK, let us know how your progress.

OK, let us know how your progress.
    I will be gving it a try this weekend.

since I am having a PC, I have downloaded Snowbreeze 2.7.3

and before I start, just to comfirm... I have used GreenPoison to JB earlier. It should not have any issues using Snowbreeze 2.7.3 right?

Please pardon me for all the noob questions. Thks.
    Last edited by sofe; 2011-06-10 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks

No, you shouldn't have any problem as you are restoring again.

No, you shouldn't have any problem as you are restoring again.
    Ok, I manage to restore the iphone, and is now with custom 4.3.3

However... I am not able to make calls and receive/ send SMS... I do not have a spare phone. Please help.

Thanks
    Last edited by sofe; 2011-06-11 at 06:13 PM.

I have tried to re-do every step again. Problem still remains.

Network and Carrier in Settings shows "Not Available".

Please help.

Thanks

What is your current baseband ? Did you hactivate your custom firmware, meaning you didn't have to activate after restoring to custom fw.
    Have you installed Ultrasn0w from Cydia yet to unlock if you still have the unlockable baseband.

What is your current baseband ? Did you hactivate your custom firmware, meaning you didn't have to activate after restoring to custom fw.
    Have you installed Ultrasn0w from Cydia yet to unlock if you still have the unlockable baseband.
    Currently it is 05.14.02 and yes, i did check mark it to hactivate in the expert mode.

I did install Ultrasn0w from Cydia. Under Setting>General>About, It shows my carrier's name, but network is not available. Status bar shows "No Service".

oh no... 05.14.02 cant be unlock rite?

so what should I do? upgrade it to 06.15?

The problem that I am facing is my phone not being able to unlock? or Did I screw up on the hactivate part?
    Last edited by sofe; 2011-06-12 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks

Your baseband is not unlockable. You can only use it on official carrier for your iphone. If you are with official carrier, then you shoiuld use your official sim to activate, not hactivate through custom firmware.
    If you are not with official carrier, then you have to go with ipad baseband which may break your GPS function.

Yes, you definitely need to update to ipad baseband in order to unlock.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sofe (2011-06-14)

Thanks again iYeow.

Anyway I have PM you some stuff, hope you receive them.

Thanks

Glad that you mentioned about PM to me as my inbox shows 0 messages and I just replied to you.

You can either do two things, one is restore to unactivated cfw or restore to stock 4.3.3 and jailbreak it with redsn0w RC16. If after restoring to the above mentioned method and you still cannot activate through your so called official sim, then it means your carrier you are using is not the official carrier for your iphone.

Try all of these first before you go and do the ipad baseband update. It should be your last resort.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-06-13 at 06:01 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sofe (2011-06-14)

Glad that you mentioned about PM to me as my inbox shows 0 messages and I just replied to you.

You can either do two things, one is restore to unactivated cfw or restore to stock 4.3.3 and jailbreak it with redsn0w RC16. If after restoring to the above mentioned method and you still cannot activate through your so called official sim, then it means your carrier you are using is not the official carrier for your iphone.

Try all of these first before you go and do the ipad baseband update. It should be your last resort.
    Thanks for the replied. Replied your PM.

You are very helpful and patience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast