Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Wifi icon not showing up

  1. #1
    Default Wifi icon not showing up
    Am a new jailbreak user. I jb my iphone4 (4.3.3) using redsnow rc15. Just discover recently that whenever I connect to Wifi, the Wifi symbol doesnt shows up. The Wifi setting is in ON, and a look at SBsetting also shows that im connected to Wifi.

    Any idea how to make that Wifi symbol to appear? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Did you install something in Cydia? Some things may cause interference. If not you might consider doing a restore and rejb with a newer redsn0w such as 0.9.6rc17 instead. Sometimes jailbreak can be buggy and cause these issues. A restore and rejb assuming it is not a Cydia package problem will fix the issue.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Did you install something in Cydia? Some things may cause interference. If not you might consider doing a restore and rejb with a newer redsn0w such as 0.9.6rc17 instead. Sometimes jailbreak can be buggy and cause these issues. A restore and rejb assuming it is not a Cydia package problem will fix the issue.
    Oh, okie, thanks. I was hoping u're not gonna say that. The last time I spent 2 hrs trying to do the jb. *faint*
    Btw, can I ask what's the different between rc16 and rc17?

    Thanks again. I'm new to this jb thinggy.

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Ah sorry lol, sometimes restoring is the only solution but the best solution as well. There's not a huge diff between 16 and 17, it just fixes some of the bugs for verbose and something else I can't remember.

    But I always recommend using the latest version for the latest firmware for best results.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Ah sorry lol, sometimes restoring is the only solution but the best solution as well. There's not a huge diff between 16 and 17, it just fixes some of the bugs for verbose and something else I can't remember.

    But I always recommend using the latest version for the latest firmware for best results.
    Alright. Thanks a lot.

    Hope you don't mind me asking another question, I installed the 5icon docks and an App that allows me to arrange the icons anywhere I like(can't remember the name). Can I syn with itune so that I can transfer my music and photos to my iphone? If so, I read somewhere that the icons will be messed up and I have to manually arrange the icons all again. Is there any ways to go around this?

    Thanks! Really appreciate your help.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone envious86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Alright. Thanks a lot.

    Hope you don't mind me asking another question, I installed the 5icon docks and an App that allows me to arrange the icons anywhere I like(can't remember the name). Can I syn with itune so that I can transfer my music and photos to my iphone? If so, I read somewhere that the icons will be messed up and I have to manually arrange the icons all again. Is there any ways to go around this?

    Thanks! Really appreciate your help.
    Would it be gridlock you installed? I am using gridlock and its fine for me when I sync with itunes. I remember there was a problem a while ago but i don't think its still a problem.

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    With 5 icon dock your dock will get messed up. With the rest of the springboard assuming you don't have 5 column springboard installed, it should be fine. Anything that alters the number of apps that isn't the normal 4x5 layout will get messed up.

  8. #8
    i'm having the same problem as the op but mine is iPhone 3G 4.2.1 and my symptons are the same. Dont know how to fix it but I think it might be ultraSn0w that caused it. I need ultrasn0w to unlock carrier. D you have ultrasn0w install also?
    Last edited by sieutoc; 2011-06-01 at 09:24 PM.

  9. #9
    Nope, I don't have ultrasn0w.
    Anyway, I found one way to overcome my problem. I just check syn for my music and photos and uncheck my app syn in itune. This way, itune will only syn my music and photos without syning the app hence will not cause the mess up.
    Downside though, it means I can only download apps directly from my iphone only.
    Oh well... can't have everything can I?

  10. #10
    Hmm, by doing that it actually solve your wifi icon problem?
    Last edited by sieutoc; 2011-06-03 at 02:03 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sieutoc View Post
    Hmm, by doing that it actually solve your wifi icon problem?
    Nope. The above solve my another problem on transferring of my music and photos without messing up my app arrangement.

    My wifi icon problem is kinda.....solved. After several rebooting and respringing when I install other stuffs, it kinda cure itself.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •