Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Reset All Content and Setting" Screw Up

Default "Reset All Content and Setting" Screw Up
    I have a 3GS that was reset by "Reset All Content and Settings" and now it is stuck on reboot apple logo. The phone was jail broken, via greenposi0n and unlocked via ultrasn0w. I didn't have the SHSH saved via tiny umbrella but my wife has the same phone and hers are saved? I tried using them but get a 1600 error....I've also saved all old custom .ipsw from the phones I've had unlocked/jailbroken in the past and those don't seem to work either. So far any restore through iTunes has reported an error or just stopped dead and closed iTunes. Does any one have any suggestions?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You can use a custom IPSW for 4.3.3 and then put the phone into DFU mode, then upgrade.
    Happens quite often when doing the reset with jailbroken devices.

Do I want the new bootrom or baseband 6.15.00 version, as seen here?

Download iOS 4.3.3 Custom IPSW Firmware-iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

edit: I think I got it....downloading old boot rom now.
    Last edited by JayMacApple; 2011-05-30 at 11:09 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Once you put your phone into DFU mode, you can see what boot rom version it is by running iDetector.
    I wouldn't install 6.15.00 baseband unless you need an unlock but note that it is permanent (at this time and no idea if it will be able to be changed) and you will lose GPS.

I'm running a Mac and it looks like iDetector is for windows only.

My phone was unlocked and jail broke before the reset, will it keep the same baseband if I upgrade with the 4.3.3 custom firmware?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes, that's what you use a custom firmware for. Make sure you do not use a custom one that upgrades to the ipad baseband. I'm hoping you weren't running that already.