Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help: Jailbroken iPhone 4 crashing after unlock after recent Cydia Update

Default Please Help: Jailbroken iPhone 4 crashing after unlock after recent Cydia Update
    I currently own a Jailbroken iPhone 4.

Firmware: 4.3.2
    Jailbroken with: Greenpoison

Phone has been working great for the past two months.

Today Cydia indicated updates needed. I downloaded and installed all updates. Have no idea what it updated.

Upon rebooting phone, everything works. However, every time I hit the SLEEP button and then rewake and UNLOCK, the phone crashes and goes into SAFE MODE.

I tried uninstalling as many Cydia apps that I had installed in an effort to find out which one was causing the problem.

The thing is, with every UNINSTALL and REINSTALL I get the following red text error:

sub process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code

Additionally, when starting CYDIA, it downloads new packages. Across the top I get this error code:

ERROR: POSIX: OPERATION TIMEOUT

I even installed CRASH REPORTER, but that asks for further installation of another file that would not install due to the error messages reported above.

Bottom Line

I like this firmware. It seems that tethering is not being detected under 4.3.2 but is when moving up to the next release.

Is there any way I can salvage this firmware? I don't want to reset my iPhone, move to a new firmware and rejailbreak. I want to stay with 4.3.2 and save this jailbreak.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Firstly, I'm perplexed as to how you jailbroke 4.3.2 with greenpois0n as it isn't supposed to work on anything but 4.1 or 4.2.1.

Secondly, regardless of the first , you'll probably need to restore and rejb.

Lastly, you'll need SHSHs for 4.3.2 if you want to restore to that, otherwise you can only restore to 4.3.3. If you would like to check to see if you saved SHSHs for 4.3.2 when it was still being signed, get TinyUmbrella and click Save SHSHs and view the log to see what it says it has saved.

If 4.3.2 is not saved you cannot restore to it.