Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs ( 05.12.01 )

Default iphone 3gs ( 05.12.01 )
    Hello i have a question about upgradeing my iphone, i have a iphone 3GS ( black 16 GB ), jailbreaked, unlocked with software version 3.1.3 (7E18) and the firmware is 05.12.01 and i want to upgrade it to 4.0/4.1 or something like that, can someone tell me how i can do that ? I didn`t find any guide or smthing like that around here and i need to upgrade it asap.
    Waiting for an answer & thanks a lot !
    Best regards.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

If you have a Mac use pwnage tool to make a custom 4.3.3 firmware and restore to that in iTunes. If on windows use snowbreeze to do the same. Restoring to a custom firmware will preserve your baseband so that you can still unlock after.

Thanks for the answer guys but i still have a little problem.I don`t know what u mean with the baseband...i`m not that used with the iphone .
    I mean, i read the tutorial for 4.3.3 but i don`t understand what i need to do so i can after the update still unlock my iphone and use a custom operator.
    Please help me and sorry for bothering you guys again ^_^.
    Best regards.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Your baseband is your modem firmware. Right now you said you have 5.12.01. That is a good baseband to have so you will want to keep that baseband. In order to do that when updating you need to restore to a custom firmware made with pwnage tool or snowbreeze. Are you on Mac or Windows?

I`m useing windows xp

Ok Simon, thank you very much, i`ll try to do that