Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs 6.15.00 restore to original settings?????

Default iphone 3gs 6.15.00 restore to original settings?????
    Hey guys... so i haven't touched my phone since i upgraded to a 6.15.00 baseband and i still have 4.1 firmware... i looked around the net and couldnt find much info about whether someone can change back to original settings once the ipad firmware is on the iphone.. so thought i'd take the slim chance and ask on here if there is such a way to do so?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

You cannot downgrade the baseband.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can never use a stock firmware again unless you have SHSHs saved for 4.1 or below. Restoring to 4.2.1 and above always requires a custom fw for those with baseband 6.15.00.

ok well turns out i do have my SHSH files saved from 3.1.2 to 4.2b3... but i have no idea how to use them

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok so you're wanting to restore to a firmware version that you want to use a stock (unjailbroken) firmware with then?

yes.. i dont need my phone to have the jailbreak or unlock anymore... and i dont want to create custom firmwares to upgrade my phone anymore either... so if it is possible to downgrade i guess you could say.. to a 5.whatever baseband and be able to do upgrades and everything like normal i will be soooo happy! but it is a 3gs... i saw that the 3g phones can do it but havent seen anything with the 3gs phones yet.. does that make sense haha?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Your firmware can be downgraded but your baseband cannot.

Only iPhone 3G with bootloader 5.8 which is quite rare can downgrade baseband

i have an issue where my 3gs was on 4.2.1 with the ipad base band and someone tried to update it now i cant get it to boot up everytime i try to restore back to 4.2.i get errors even with pwnagetool says wrong firmware how can i get it boot back up i even tried makin custom frimware after everytime i try to restore says an error also now its stuck in dfu mode can anyone tell me how to get it workking again

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You likely need to create a custom firmware for 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze to restore to. Set device into pwned dfu mode with redsn0w before doing the shift+restore to the custom firmware after building it.

If you need more exact directions, I have a sticky titled "General Info and Guides to Jailbreaking..." or something like that