Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking to re-jailbreak and unlock b/c of Battery Drain

Default Looking to re-jailbreak and unlock b/c of Battery Drain
    I have an old bootrom 3gs on 4.1 with ipad baseband (.06.15.00) unlocked and jailbroken. My problem is that my battery life is horrible. I lose 20% in about 30 minutes. I'm looking to re-jailbreak my phone to see if I can fix this problem. I've heard that SAM works as well as activating the phone via at&t sim.

If someone could provide me a step by step process on how to jailbreak my phone that will help improve battery life, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You will want to create a custom firmware for 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze to restore to.

If you have an official SIM then you should be sure to create an unactivated version of the custom firmware. If not then you can try SAM out.

I have no idea how to use SAM but there's a bunch of guides on Google that will tell you. So once you create the custom fw and restore to it, you can go install SAM and use redsn0w to de-activate.

Although I don't know if SAM works on 4.3.3...wonder if someone can clarify that for me.

I dont think I have my SHSH's saved for 4.3.3. Is that not an option if I dont?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

4.3.3 is currently the fw Apple is still signing. You wouldn't need SHSHs for it

Ok, can you give me a link for a tutorial or something? Dont want to brick my phone. Also, to back up my phone so i dont lose my contacts during jailbreak, I just simply right click on my phone in itunes and click back up, correct?

Thanks! Should I restore my phone to normal before jailbreaking since it is already jailbroken??

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You can't restore your phone normally because of your baseband. Thats why my instructions included using a custom firmware

Just follow the guide and it should be fine.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bkortee (2011-05-24)

So far so good. I appreciate the help!

after I find out if the battery drain is fixed, i will update.
    Last edited by bkortee; 2011-05-24 at 12:46 AM.

does anyone else have a problem with the phone shutting off with more than 30% battery left? if so, does anyone know how to prevent this? it claims battery is dead even though the battery % says it has plenty of life left