Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just recovered from boot loop and now stuck in Emergency Only Mode

Default Just recovered from boot loop and now stuck in Emergency Only Mode
    Hi guys,

I posted a couple posts back and finally got the iphone all booted and everything. I don't have a SIM card yet, and none of the activators are working? I've tried using redsnow and snowbreeze and it says everything went good, I don't get any errors, but then when the phone boots back up - it says no SIM card installed insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone and can only make an emergency call. I need this phone unlocked to work on a non-att carrier. Please any help would be appreciated big time!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by packers12 View Post
    Hi guys,

I posted a couple posts back and finally got the iphone all booted and everything. I don't have a SIM card yet, and none of the activators are working? I've tried using redsnow and snowbreeze and it says everything went good, I don't get any errors, but then when the phone boots back up - it says no SIM card installed insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone and can only make an emergency call. I need this phone unlocked to work on a non-att carrier. Please any help would be appreciated big time!
    What kind of iPhone is this? What version of iOS is it on?

If it's on a recent version of iOS (4.3+), redsn0w should hacktivate it for you when you choose an option (like "enable multitasking gestures." For older firmwares, the tool will change, but greenpois0n should be able to hacktivate 4.1 and 4.2.1. Afterwards, run SAM (repo.bingner.com, free in Cydia) to "fake" an AT&T activation.

This is assuming you don't have an AT&T SIM, even if it's old and de-activated, to plug in to the phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

packers12 (2011-05-21)

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    What kind of iPhone is this? What version of iOS is it on?

If it's on a recent version of iOS (4.3+), redsn0w should hacktivate it for you when you choose an option (like "enable multitasking gestures." For older firmwares, the tool will change, but greenpois0n should be able to hacktivate 4.1 and 4.2.1. Afterwards, run SAM (repo.bingner.com, free in Cydia) to "fake" an AT&T activation.

This is assuming you don't have an AT&T SIM, even if it's old and de-activated, to plug in to the phone.
    Thanks for the super fast reply! its running 4.3.3 iOS. the phone is a 16GB GS. So just try enable multitaksing gestures and it should work? THANKS AGAIN!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by packers12 View Post
    Thanks for the super fast reply! its running 4.3.3 iOS. the phone is a 16GB GS. So just try enable multitaksing gestures and it should work? THANKS AGAIN!!
    Should (key word "should"). You should be able to check another feature box (like boot animation, or if you've got an old-bootrom 3GS a custom boot/recovery logo, etc) and it'll have the same effect.

Make sure to place the phone in DFU mode (redsn0w should guide you through the procedure as it prepares to add multitasking gestures).

Is the phone already jailbroken? If not, check the "Install Cydia" box. You'll need to be jailbroken to be able to hacktivate.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

packers12 (2011-05-21)

Dude you are the man !!! I'm in ...only about 6 hours of effin with this today ! So worth it tho. Already liking it a ton better than the evo

Should (key word "should"). You should be able to check another feature box (like boot animation, or if you've got an old-bootrom 3GS a custom boot/recovery logo, etc) and it'll have the same effect.

Make sure to place the phone in DFU mode (redsn0w should guide you through the procedure as it prepares to add multitasking gestures).

Is the phone already jailbroken? If not, check the "Install Cydia" box. You'll need to be jailbroken to be able to hacktivate.
    Dude you are the man !!! I'm in ...only about 6 hours of effin with this today ! So worth it tho. Already liking it a ton better than the evo

Last edited by packers12; 2011-05-21 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default iphone boot loop
    Hey, i,ve got the same problem except i found the iPhone, i replaced the battery and logic board its the firmware is 4.3.5 (i'm pretty sure) 32GB 3gs, i restored to factory settings and i booted it up and got the emegencie call thing, it will randomly shut off if its not connected and reboots randomly, the sim card is in but isent being recognized by iTunes, i tried DFU mode to hachtivate it but i think the lock button is broken because i cant get redsnow to recognize it. Is there someway to get DFU mode without the buttons?
    Thank you