Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just jailbroke -- few questions

Default Just jailbroke -- few questions
    1. Winterboard themes don't seem to be working. I want to install UniAW 2.3 (animated weather theme), so I put the .theme file into the iPhone theme folder, only opening it to put in my zip code for weather. I activated it in Winterboard, resprung, and nothing had changed. Any ideas as to what happened? And on the same note, how would I go about having the animated weather only in the lockscreen?

2. Also to do with the lockscreen -- I've also downloaded this theme (http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...er-widget.html) and I have the folder on my desktop but I don't know how to get it on my phone.

3. I got My3G and MyWi from Cydia, and they seem to be working fine, even though I haven't paid yet. Granted, I only really tried My3G (dialed a facetime call while in my car)... but what else will I get if I pay the $20 or whatever it is?

4. I installed a custom boot animation, but I turned my phone on and off and there was no animation. I went to settings and everything and made sure it was checked.

Thanks to anyone that can help! I'm on an iPhone 4 running 4.3.3, did the jailbreak with redsn0w.
    Last edited by DutchX420; 2011-05-20 at 11:18 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

3. get tetherme, cheaper and uses native tethering.

4.you have to enable animated boot logos FIRST via redsn0wrc16

Thanks

1) I'm not seeing "UniAW" in my Cydia list. Can't really help you with that one.

2) Use an SFTP program like Cyberduck, WinFTP, Filezilla, etc. to copy the necessary files into the correct places.

3) +1 to tetherme. If you're on AT&T, make sure to edit your APNs.

4) +1 to "make sure you have animated bootlogos enabled first with redsn0w." You can re-run redsn0w over your current jailbreak, as long you make sure that /only/ the "enable animated boot logos" box is checked, and no other boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    1) I'm not seeing "UniAW" in my Cydia list. Can't really help you with that one.

2) Use an SFTP program like Cyberduck, WinFTP, Filezilla, etc. to copy the necessary files into the correct places.

3) +1 to tetherme. If you're on AT&T, make sure to edit your APNs.

4) +1 to "make sure you have animated bootlogos enabled first with redsn0w." You can re-run redsn0w over your current jailbreak, as long you make sure that /only/ the "enable animated boot logos" box is checked, and no other boxes.
    UniAW is animated weather, I got it from here: UniAW For iPhone 4 theme iPhone 4 themes Free Download - iOSinX.Com , but I believe the author is on modmyi somewhere.

And about the tethering, I was just wondring why it seemed to be working perfectly while I haven't paid for it. I installed it off Cydia but didn't buy the $20 package.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it's a free trial. you will have to pay for it