Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have you had home button problems with jailbreak?

Default Have you had home button problems with jailbreak?
    The past few week the home button has stoped responding mist if the time, I know there is a lot of people on the apple forums with this problem, but no reference to jailbreak
    Is allowed there. So I was wondering if it's a jail real issue, I restored the phone to original state and it worked perfectly for a few hours now the home button is acting up again but a lot less frequently than before. If I go to apple what will they do? I've had the iPhone 4 for about 5 months?

That sounds like a hardware problem not software take it apple for an exchange

I'm having same problem.. But never tried without jailbreak because i'm an unlocker. I always create the custom firm with PwnageTool...
    When it fails more than normal, i use a special spray called "contamaticx". It works for about a day. Really strange but it's all i can do, can't take it to Apple or my carrier company because i'm not in the US and i bought it there.
    @fedecape

Well I want to go to apple but it's an hour drive from where I live and it's not doing it all the time. Wiuld the button actually have to fail in front of the guy fir them to exchange it?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Some reps aren't that anal about it and just replace it so long as there's no obvious sign of physical damage (like if you dropped the phone). If you say the home button fails they usually will give the benefit of the doubt.

But it does sound like a hardware problem. I have never in all the phones that I've jb before (ive done a lot) had hardware button failure.

Thanks, me neither I've had the 3G and the 3GS also my iPad and my wife's iPod touch 4g are and were jailbroken and have never had any problems at all. I guess I'll try the apple store and hope they exchange it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I think you should call first. Just to be sure. Call the actual Apple store you are going to go to and tell them your home button doesn't work sometimes and see what they say.

Chances are if you're still under warranty they'll exchange it so long as like I said before they don't have a reason to refuse which is physical damage to the device.

Ok, that's a good idea. There is no damage at all to the phone, not even a scratch. maybe a dumb question but does it matter that I didn't buy the phone from an apple store? Like if I bought it from another store.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I'm not sure. I don't think it matters, but don't take my word for it.

I went to the genius bar and the button failed on the guys first try to even wake up the phone, so he gave me a new one right away. Whole thing took 10 min. Guess I was lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael0609 View Post
    I went to the genius bar and the button failed on the guys first try to even wake up the phone, so he gave me a new one right away. Whole thing took 10 min. Guess I was lucky.
    Naw it's a common hardware problem

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

As long as it worked out for you

Thanks

I had the same issue with my home button. I called the national Apple support line and told them the issue. They made the appointment for me at my local apple store so there was evidence of the issue. I brought it into the Apple store (after a clean restore, of course) and the button worked fine while I was there. However, they replaced it for me because I showed that I had called about the problem before and still experienced it after installing the most up to date firmware.

Mine was purchased from AT&T originally. Is that the "other store" you are talking about?