Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ipsw file isnt good

  1. #1
    Default ipsw file isnt good
    i downloacded ios 4.3.3 ipsw file from felixburns but i see the icon its a winrar archive but if i extract it there comes alot of files named .dmg etc. so how can i get the box so i can jailbreak?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    do not extract it. And make sure file type is .ipsw. If it is not then change it to .ipsw not .zip
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    do not extract it. And make sure file type is .ipsw. If it is not then change it to .ipsw not .zip
    but i still have the winrar icon not that white box

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by txwee View Post
    but i still have the winrar icon not that white box
    Then your not doing it right. Make sure file extensions arnt hidden. Replace the .zip at the end of the file name with ipsw. If it still shows a winrar icon with .ipsw then winrar is assigned to that file extension which is highly unlikey

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Or download with another browser

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,099
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

    Download with Firefox and you won't have an issue.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

  7. #7
    Maybe you just tried to open the IPSW with winrar... and even if u downlaod the new one it will stil have the winrar icon what you're going to do is just rename it with the extension .IPSW and even if it shows the winrar icon you will still be able to use it with itunes.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Petrit H View Post
    Maybe you just tried to open the IPSW with winrar... and even if u downlaod the new one it will stil have the winrar icon what you're going to do is just rename it with the extension .IPSW and even if it shows the winrar icon you will still be able to use it with itunes.
    It shouldnt show a winrar icon, unless the extension is associated with winrar which isnt right

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Download with Firefox and you won't have an issue.
    this is firefox..

    And now it changes to an itunes logo but in the name it called iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw.
    So, IS this the right ipsw and can i go ahead with JB?

    comeon?
    Last edited by txwee; 2011-05-17 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #10
    iPhone Underground A3gOwner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    1,172
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 117 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by txwee View Post
    this is firefox..

    And now it changes to an itunes logo but in the name it called iPhone2,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw.
    So, IS this the right ipsw and can i go ahead with JB?

    comeon?
    Yes

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Yes
    i see that i havent uncheck the: hide unknown file extensions.
    I did it but the ipsw was still the same.
    But it need work now.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •