Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Insomnia"

Default "Insomnia"
    Does this app drain the battery? I was curious.

Thanks
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Considering it doesn't allow your iDevice to completely "sleep" I would say it does cause more battery drain than normal.

I was just curious...why is it that BlackBerry's can have Wi-Fi active all the time (even when the phone is "asleep") and can have everything else running as well (3G, EDGE, GPS, etc) and the phone can last almost a week before it needs a charge but Apple can't manage to do the same for the iPhone?
    "Don't hold it like that!"

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The iPhone is hard for me to compare with a BB. To me, the iPhone is a powerful smartphone, it'll use up a lot of battery to accomplish what it does. I'm sure there are plenty of Android freaks just waiting to jump on this comment

The battery life on an iPhone is actually really great for the type of phone that it is, many (not all, don't freak out Android fanboys) Androids or Windows or even BB that can do just as much as the iPhone won't have the battery life that the iPhone has. Or they'll have the same type of battery life.

I do know Apple might be putting a bigger battery into the next iPhone though That'd be nice, but I'm actually pretty happy with my battery life on my iP4.