Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help

Default Need Help
    Hello, I've normally always been able to figure out how to fix my problems on my own, but I am now really stuck and have no use of my phone.

I have an jailbroken iPhone 4 and my software is at 4.1.2 I never upgraded after that because I had my phone how I liked it and didn't want to risk not being able to jailbreak again.

Lately I've began to learn I could do a lot more so I began installing tweaks. I've probably spent about $80 at Cydia getting things I wanted.

Anyhow, I just installed a tweak Call? (not call-tell)and after I installed it the only thing that now shows on my phone is "Connect To iTunes". I don't even have a copy of iTunes on my computer since I bought my phone in September and bought this Windows 7 laptop at Christmas.

I normally was always able to get to Safe mode where I could uninstall the latest tweak, but I'm really stuck now and have no idea what to do from here because if I upgrade I'll lose my baseband.

Please Help

Yellowbelly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can preserve your current baseband if you are talking about unlockable baseband.

Your first thing you need to do is to intall the latest itunes on your computer.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-17 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Baseband is 2.12 or something like that. Anyway, if I install the latest iTunes, how will I be able to preserve this baseband before I'm upgraded to 4.3.2?

Thanks

You want to create a custom firmware of 4.3.3 either not Pwnage tools 4.3.3 or Snowbreeze 2.7.3 and restore to it through itunes. But you must use the pwned dfu from these tools or redsn0w RC8 in xp2 compatibility mode to only put your iphone into dfu mode before restoring to this cfw of 4.3.3 which you have created and placed on your desktop.
    Your current 02.12.xx baseband is not unlockable, so why do you want to preserve it.

If you don't want to preserve this non- unlockable bb, then restore to stock 4.3.3, and jailbreak it with Redsn0w RC16.

You can still use Gevey sim to unlock it but there are some other issues using this sim.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-05-17 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, I'm not buying a Gevey sim. I thought my baseband had been unlocked. I live in Canada and have Telus as my carrier. Does this mean I can just upgrade to the latest firmware and still Jailbreak it? Does this mean anyone in Canada can jailbreak their device as long as they stay with their carrier?

Thanks

Yes, you can restore to 4.3.3 and jailbreak it and stay with official carrier if you purchased under contract.