Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help Upgrading From 3.1.2 to Whatever

Default Need Help Upgrading From 3.1.2 to Whatever
    Hey guys I haven't been very active in the iPhone community in a while. I lost my job and my phone got disconnected, AT&T screwed me with this crazy high bill and I just have never got it reconnected. We use it essentially as an iTouch these days. Anyways I haven't had a reason to upgrade until now. Just got Netflix and to use the app requires at least 3.1.3 and I have 3.1.2, my phone is a 3G 8GB. I was hoping someone could walk me through or link me to the best way to upgrade. I was just looking to upgrade to 3.1.3 but I guess since I'm upgrading anyway, might as well upgrade to the latest version. I don't really care, all I want is whatever is easiest and safest. I'm still really enjoying my iPhone and don't to brick it in a upgrade just to use Netflix. Problem is like previously mentioned I'm kinda clueless on what the "in" new method is, I don't even know what the current firmware version is. Last time I upgraded I used BlackRa1n. Anyway can someone help me out? Would be most appreciated. Thanks!
    information wants to be free

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you don't need to unlock, just hit upgrade in iTunes. It'll take you to 4.2.1. Then use redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 to jb it.

Just be sure to disable multitasking and wallpaper to keep performance smoother.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

setotitan (2011-05-15)

Perfect thanks! (Thanks given)
    information wants to be free

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts