Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - Jailbreaking with SnOwbreeze Probelm

Default HELP - Jailbreaking with SnOwbreeze Probelm
    Hi all,

New to this forum,tried to jail break my iphone 4 running 4.3.3 using SnOwbreeze,is anyone aware if this actually works?My phone wont work on any Irish carrier so I needed to jailbreak it to unlock or so Ive come to believe,I followed all details to get a custom IPSW that SnOwbreeze made,I then put my phone into DFU mode as to restore it using the new firmware but I have got 3 different errors messages as the it is been verified error 21,1600 & 1602.

Now when I try to restore the phone normally with 4.3.3 it wont let me use it until I put in a sim that the phone accepts.

Any help would be great,thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You can jailbreak it but you cannot unlock it. Only way to unlock right now is with a gevey sim or getting the carrier the iPhone is locked to to unlock it (some will, some wont).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Fran_D (2011-05-15)

Thanks for the reply.

Is it not possible to unlock it after I have jailbroken it?Ive managed to jailbreak it by overcoming the error messages using a program I downloaded called iREB.

Think I spoke too soon,it is still not letting me into the phone.
    Last edited by Fran_D; 2011-05-15 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Nope, even if you jailbreak it there is no unlock that will work with that baseband that you have.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Fran_D (2011-05-15)

Only option is a gevey sim then?Are they reliable etc. I dont know anything about them.

Thanks

Ya, they are pretty good as long as you get a legit one.

Could you point me in the right direction of where to get one please,Im in Ireland by the way - Thanks again,you've been very helpful.

Just had a look at the Gevey sims & seen how to use them,how will it work if my phone wont go any furtehr than emergency calls & not onto settings or will it bypass that soon as I put the gevey sim in?

Thanks

You need to get a official carrier sim to activate the phone first. It doesn't have to be active, just from the carrier the phone is locked to.

I got past the emergency screen using a program called iFun box & can now download apps etc. surely I can unlock it from here?It is coming up no serive in the corner,is it possible to unlock it using Cydia?

Thanks

Nope. As I said there is no unlock. Only a gevey sim will unlock it.

Tried 2 of them & neither worked with my meteor sim,is there some way of calculating the IMEI or something to that effect for a permanet unlock,a mate was trying to explain abit about it to me,does such a thing exist or did it?

Thanks

There was a imei unlock last month. It only lasted a week before apple shut it down though.

What carrier is this iPhone locked too?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Fran_D (2011-05-16)

Its locked to the 3 network,I bought the iphone from a friend before he moved to Oz & he said he never got round to registering it,when I went to register it I never got sent a confirmation code & it got locked within 24hr's so I dont really know what that says about where the phone came from other than it doesnt look to legit.I used it for about a month before I tried to register it with no probelms.

Thanks

Just pick up a pay as you go 3 sim. That will activate it for you. then you can get a gevey sim to unlock it.

Will that work even thou the existing 3 sim wont work?Sorry about all the questions mate,Im not too clued up on all things iphone yet but looking forward to been involved.

Also after I jailedbroke it with snowbreeze it wont allow You-Tube to work?

Thanks

If you used snowbreeze and chose to activate it with that it wont work with the carrier it is supposed to be locked to. You would need to restore it and activate it normally with the 3 sim.

That is also why your youtube isnt working.
    Last edited by Simon; 2011-05-16 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks Simon,I will give that a try & see how I get on.