Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help slight noob

Default Need help slight noob
    I'm currently jailbroken on 4.3.1 iPhone 3GS on O2, I'm on baseband 5.16.02, my signal is dreadful and I've seen that maybe updating to 4.3.2 and rejailbreaking may help? So if I want to update to 4.3.2, rejailbreak but keep all my apps etc what needs to be done? Sorry but I've searched slot and had no luck or help, I'm currently jailbroken on redsnow, thanks in advance

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll need SHSHs for 4.3.2. Might as well go to 4.3.3 since it is the current fw, it is also an untethered jb.

If you want to back up your jailbreak stuff, try pkgbackup. It's paid but very good. If you don't want to pay, there's a free alternative called aptbackup but I warn you, it doesn't always go right.

To backup your regular stuff just go to iTunes and right-click device, select to create backup.

After upgrading, you should be able to restore from that backup to restore all your data.

To be safe, with photos back them to your comp. Contacts, do the same. In the info tab, select to back contacts into a third party.

How do I get shshs for it? All I really want out of this is for my carrier signal to work, everything else works fine, well saying that actually boot logos, lockscreens and carrier logos don't work, but that doesn't bother me, I can barely get a chance to trxt or make calls, and it'd be a good day to bs able to use the Internet through my celluar data! So will updating help me or do I need to wait for a new baseband or unlock for 5.16.02? I just don't want to waste my time updating restoring and rejailbreaking for nothing?

Thanks

For shsh blobs Timy umbrella probably your best bet. O2 should factory unlock that phone for you no problems just call them.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can only get SHSHs for 4.3.3 right now. It's too late to get 4.3.2 or below if you didn't save them already before when they were being signed.

Thanks people, I'm not sure what to do I think I'll just wait and see if there is a fix for the signal, as I said it's just the signal that bothers me as most of the time my phone is just an itouch thanks for your time