Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: somebody please help!

Default somebody please help!
    i have been trying for three days to figure this out and i can't. its driving me insane!

my partner has an iphone that was jailbroken/unlocked running 3.1.3. she decided to upgrade to 4.2, so i had to upgrade the baseband when i did that for her. now, she says 4.2 is too slow and wants to go back to 3.1.3. however, none of the custom firmware files i have created (if i can actually get sn0wbreeze) to cooperate work. i get error 1600 every time. i finally got a hacked version (whited00r) to work, but she decided that was still a little too slow and wants to install the one she originally had. well, i was unable to do that and now i can't even reinstall white d00r without getting error 1600. all of the research i have done on how to correct that error is of no help to me.

it seems like this phone keeps getting worse and worse with each restore. can someone please help me?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Download tinyumbrella, connect the phone, and then click on save SHSH. See what it can save. You can restore to the versions it saves.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Is this an iPhone 3G?

@annie: yes it is a 3g

@goofball: save shsh is grayed out

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then this will be easy

You don't need SHSHs for an iPhone 3G.

Instead of custom fw use a stock fw. Yes stock fw will work even with the iPad bb bc it is 3.1.3 and not 4.2.1.

So get a stock 3.1.3, restore to it. Get error 1015. Open TinyUmbrella and use exit recovery option to get your phone back up and running again.

Then just jb as normal with redsn0w 0.9.4. For redsn0w use a stock 3.1.2 Ipsw instead of 3.1.3 to jb.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

piedrafina (2011-05-13)

thank you so much! it worked like a charm! i knew about TU, but i didn't know i could restore to stock firmware, so that was the one thing i hadn't tried.

now if i can get the mms working (we have tmobile) i will definitely do the happy dance.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I'm happy for you! Glad I could help