Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone function bugged after jailbreak

Default Phone function bugged after jailbreak
    iPhone 3Gs
    Redsn0w RC15

Updated to 4.3.3, restored from backup, jailbroke with Redsn0w and everything works kind of OK but whenever I make a call or get a call the screen locks up and becomes unresponsive. This forces a hard boot. Another odd thing too. All my dock icons are shoved up a level in the springboard above the dock BG graphic.

BTW? I did this 2x already. Restored that is.

Anyone have any suggestions towards a fix? I'm am already sick to death of going through this long arduous process.

Thanks.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Probably because you're restoring from back up. You might wanna try setting up as new.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Probably because you're restoring from back up. You might wanna try setting up as new.
    Will make the attempt to do so today. But setting up as new is a PIA.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah I know what you mean. But sometimes it's what we gotta do. Good luck bud.

Well, I did what you suggested and....it half worked. Though this time I used RC16. Now when I get calls, it works fine. But when I make calls...springboard lockup. Going into contacts and hitting the number, freeze. Dialing the number manually, freeze. Use voice command, freeze...

I have no clue why this is happening and this is the first JailBreak I have found to be buggy. I happen to be one of the writers/reviewers over at Planet-iPhones. I may have to do an expose' if there is no solution to be found here...

So...any ideas or suggestions? Cause I ain't happy one damn bit. Each time I do all this cost me 4 hrs.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That's odd. Is it possible for you to try it without a jailbreak? Or do you not have official carrier?

Worked fine before the JB. I tested it this time to be sure.

And I am on Hackt&t.

So what's your diagnosis now?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Hm then it must be either the jailbreak or something you keep installing in Cydia.

If redsn0w isn't working for you maybe try a custom fw. Make one with sn0wbreeze. It's even better if you have Mac to use pwnagetool but if not, sn0wbreeze will do.

I'll Give that a try when I get a chance and let you know.

Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

K