Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do I have to choose between vis voicemail and signal bars?

Default Do I have to choose between vis voicemail and signal bars?
    Just had to upgrade and rejailbreak on 4.3.3. I kept the base and as I occasionally travel overseas, so of course I put ultrasn0w on to fix the signal bars and lost my visual voicemail. I have reset network settings repeatedly etc and the only way I can get VM back is to toggle ultrasn0w off, which of course kills my signal display

Any help would be appreciated.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have never heard of visual voicemail being disabled because of ultrasn0w. That's odd. So visual vm works then without ultrasn0w installed then right? I would just suggest to not have ultrasn0w installed then and deal with the cosmetic 1 signal bar issue if that were me. But then again like I said I've never heard of this before, and a restore and rejb would probably be a hassle huh? Bc that's probably the only thing that could fix it. It might not even fix it either so I don't know. Tough call.

Correct, if I kill ultrasn0w my vvm works perfectly. When I get back home I may go ahead and restore/jb, but yeah, kind of a pain. Also not sure if it will do any good if I use a backup, and I am not willing to start totally over right now.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah for sure you wouldn't want to restore from back up if you do choose to restore. That's so weird, I've never seen this before. I feel like it's just a bugged out jb thing but at the same time I'm scared to tell you for sure bc I'd hate for you to restore and it didn't work lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Jonnio (2011-05-17)

Remove your sim card and put it back in. That's the trick everyone says works. It survives restrings but you gotta do it every time u reboot

7. The Following User Says Thank You to boutdatcash For This Useful Post:

Jonnio (2011-05-17)

removing and reinserting the sim card worked great...Thanks for the tip.