Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help UNJAILBREAKING (restoring) iPhone 4 4.1

Exclamation Need help UNJAILBREAKING (restoring) iPhone 4 4.1
    I jail broke my iPhone 4 4.1 using greenpoison.......
    Tried downloading the "correct" firmware and putting my phone into DFU mode before restoring as well and errors pop up?!
    My microphone can't send out while talking on iPhone through Bluetooth nor ear sets?! I called apple and I didn't tell them it was jail broken. They told me for warranty I had to restore my iPhone and they would send one back out.
    THE MAIN ISSUE I think can be my problem is the computer that I jail broke it with crashed on me.....Would that be my dilemma and how can I solve it?

Thanks for all your help!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What firmware were you trying to restore to and what error did you get for it in iTunes?

I know I jail broke the phone with version 4.1 so I tried restoring with 4.1 and didn't work. I even tried it with multiple computers but still no fix.....I think Imma just give up at this point and go buy the samsung infuse 4g on the 15th. Then pay someone $40 to restore it and sell the iphone4 on eBay unlocked after I get the warranty replacement back....I have my iPad2 so I wont be missing anything. I'm getting tired of apple and the way they do things. I despise of how the iPhones track our every moment anyways
    Thanks!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That's probably because you didn't have SHSHs saved or if you did you werent using it.

Why dont you try this. Upgrade it to 4.3.3. If you don't need to unlock just upgrade in iTunes to a stock firmware and jb it with redsn0w.

The problem isn't your computer, it's just not possible to restore to 4.1 if you aren't using SHSHs. If you've ever saved them while 4.1 was the current fw then you'd have them but if you've never saved them before, you don't have SHSHs. So you could just restore to 4.3.3 and that'll likely fix your phone.

I didnt save SHSHs bc I'm not that familiar with jailbreaking.....

I just bought a new iPhone though and I wonder if I could jailbreak my new white iPhone4 version 4.3.2 safely so if I need to send it back for warranty, I can??

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Sure. You could just restore to factory settings if you need to take it in.

well then why can't I restore my iphone4 that's not restoring now? that's the same theory I had when I jailbroke the last one

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Like I said you can restore to any fw you have SHSHs for. If you don't have SHSHs you can only restore to currently signed fw which right now is 4.3.3/4.2.8 (vzw)

see that's what I tried first was just hit the restore without trying the old firmware and it wouldn't get past the download which I tried 3 different times on 2 computers. UGH! I have s physically brand new iphone4 jailbroke with warranty that I can't get to restore and I wanna send it in for a warranty replacement and have a backup iphone4. like I said already though, iTunes won't let me do the regular restore and upgrade? I'm assuming I don't have to get a firmware myself and hit the shift restore button, rite?
    do you think both computers are screwed and try bringing it to a third computer?
    bare with me here as I get frustrated with this kinda stuff as you can tell. lol
    thanks!

If you're only worried that it's jailbroken an you dont want apple to see go to settings->general->reset->erase all content and settings. It will put your iPhone into a infinate loop and the only way they'll be able to do anything is to restore it themselves. They'll never see you're jailbroken. Don't pay someone to restore it. It's gotta be something with the computer if it will stop downloading the firmware

Another thing you could do if it won't get past the download is to download the firmware manually. Just make sure it's the current firmware (4.3.3?) and shift+restore. I know you tried that with 4.1 but Apple is signing 4.3.3 so it'll work if the download works
    Last edited by kraziebone; 2011-05-17 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you've ever used tinyumbrella, open it and under advance options, uncheck the box to point to Cydia on exit. The restore should go fine.

You should probably do as ^ said and to download just a copy of the 4.3.3 Ipsw and do a shift+restore

thanks guys but my messed up iphone4 is currently locked and won't let me do crap. it gives me the iTunes and connect picture. where can I download the new firmware? just from iTunes direct?

WOW! I tried it on my fiancé' computer at the house to restore using the firmware advised and everything worked as followed!! whee!!!
    Last edited by ttrah; 2011-05-18 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

That's good. Glad it worked out for you.

I thank you guys so so much! So now that I have you guys/girls on board with me...... WHATS THE BEST Way (program) TO JAILBREAK MY NEW IPHONE4 (white)?? I here of rock being really fast , can yall provide some links ?? It Be really great!
    I need to connect with my Ipad2 ASAP for work!

Thanks again!

Ok, I'm trying to jailbreak my new iPhone and need some info please.....I downloaded the version 4.3.3 firmware and downloaded redsnow, after I tried going into the redsnow capatibily setting to switch to service pack 3 and the newest they listed was windows ME. I am sure that I downloaded redsnow 0.9.6cr16...... What do I need to do to get my new iPhone jail broke?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It would be helpful to know what phone you have and what firmware it is currently on.

I'm trying to jailbreak my newer (white) iPhone on firmware 4.3.3. I figured out with yalls help, of course! I want to jailbreak my white iPhone the best, most reliable way now that I know I can restore?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So your new white iPhone 4 is currently already on 4.3.3 right? If so, use Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 to jailbreak.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

ttrah (2011-05-20)