Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clumsy Girl Needs Help! Jb ip4 4.3.3

Default Clumsy Girl Needs Help! Jb ip4 4.3.3
    Hello all, i have a new white iphone 4 with 4.3.1(8G4) running on modem firmware 04.10.01 i want to save shsh blobs, and preserve baseband if possible, and ultimately update to 4.3.3 in which order to i safely accomplish this,???? do i use tiny umbrella before jailbreak? do i update first to ios 4.3.3 then jailbreak, and then save shsh blobs? anybody with a basic how to for my particular case is appreciated thanks.... Also i get kinda scared that my new phone will brick, do i use greenpoison or redsnow? thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) Download stock 4.3.3 firmware
    2) Download sn0wbreeze from ih8sn0w.com
    3) Download TinyUmbrella but don't open it. If you already have it and have opened it, be sure to before continuing with these steps, go to Advance options and uncheck the point to cydia on exit box.
    4) Make sure iTunes is updated
    5) Open sn0wbreeze and create custom fw. If you have an official carrier's SIM, go to expert mode in sn0wbreeze and in general, uncheck the box to activate. If you don't have the SIM, check the box to activate. Build your custom firmware.
    6) Get Redsn0w from the dev team's blog. Open it and browse to the 4.3.3 stock fw, not the custom, then select DFU mode only (nothing else) and follow the on-screen prompts.
    7) Open iTunes, hold shift and click restore and select custom 4.3.3 fw you made. Don't accidentally select the stock firmware.
    8) When iTunes is done, if you have an official SIM and chose to not activate, open iTunes to activate it now with the SIM. If you chose to activate in Sn0wbreeze, it will take you to your springboard automatically.
    9) You are now updated and jailbroken. To save your SHSHs, now open TinyUmbrella and click "Save SHSHs" and you're done. Don't forget to do it in Cydia too for good measure. Open Cydia and on the home page it'll ask you and you'll just select "Make my life easier" to get it saved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

jasminebenoit1984 (2011-05-13)

thank you soooo much!!!, i will give it a shot and see how it goes for me!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Good luck