Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redsnow not working when to jailbreak ipod touch 4g

Default redsnow not working when to jailbreak ipod touch 4g
    hi when i try to jailbreak my ipod touch i enter dfu mode and when it say exploiting limerain patch i get a unexpected error. im about to take my ipod to the apple store since i think it's broken. can anyone help me? thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

make sure you are using the right FW (same one as you restored with)
    make sure the connect doesn't become DISconnected, maybe try a different USB port or even cable..
    perhaps another computer?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

what firmware is the iPod on? Maybe use another computer as suggested above

I have 4.3.3 (8j2)

Thanks

here u go

Step 1: Download iOS 4.3.3 and iOS 4.3.2 (required by Redsn0w 0.9.6 for 4.3.3 jailbreak) for your version of iOS device.

Step 2: Update/Restore to iOS 4.3.3 firmware using the IPSW file you just downloaded via iTunes 10.2.2.

Step 3: Start Redsn0w and point it to the official iOS 4.3.2 firmware file (NOT iOS 4.3.3 file).

Step 4: Now select “Install Cydia” and click “Next”. Optionally (if available), you can also select any other option you like.

Step 5: Now make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to the computer before you click “Next”.

At this stage you will be presented with a screen where you will be guided on how to enter DFU mode. Quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding the “Power” button, you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation begins.

Step 6: Sit back and enjoy while Redsn0w does the rest for you. Once done, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will restart automatically and you will find it jailbroken (tethered) on the latest iOS 4.3.3 firmware.

Step 7: Now from here onwards, whenever you want to do anything related to jailbreak like SSHing into your device, or running Cydia, you must first run your device in the so called “jailbroken state” on every reboot by using “Just boot tethered right now” option in Redsn0w.

Oh that is why.....so that is why it isn't working I need 4.2 also. So the latest jailbreak is a teather one. Anyone know when there will be a unteathered ver?

Also there isn't a way to down grade to get an unteather ver right?
    Last edited by lilrican21; 2011-05-12 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i dont think so unless u have saved ur shsh's

and sorrryy made a big mistake..
    it is untethered not tethered so u can just go ahead and use it if thats stoppin u
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2011-05-12 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh ok! Thanks! Your a lifesaver!

Thanks

np