Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reset unlocked iPhone to factory standards

Default Reset unlocked iPhone to factory standards
    Hi

I am thinking about taking the TurboSim, but the question is can i reset the Phone (still on 1.0.2) to version like shipped by Apple? Using the Turbo Sim and get it working and then Upgrade it to 1.1.1??

Or will I have the same problem as other users have? My EMEI is the same as on the box , just unlocked it with Independance and Unlock

WOuld be nice to have a report on that.

Thany you

once you unlock phone it is always nlocked and have to follow quid to relock but if you brick it upgrading you can downgrade! but try if harmless!!

be sure to click the thanks button
    iphone? uphone?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to japha55 For This Useful Post:

yashiip (2007-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by japha55 View Post
    once you unlock phone it is always nlocked and have to follow quid to relock but if you brick it upgrading you can downgrade! but try if harmless!!

be sure to click the thanks button
    That's only partially true.

If yyour phone is UNLOCKED under 1.0.2 there is no reliable way to relock it just yet. So if you brick it updating you can NOT restore it to 100% functionality by downgrading it. You will not be able to use the GSM radio.

If you update an UNLOCKED phomne to 1.1.1 all the downgrade will do is allow you to mod the phone. Your SIM card WILL NOT WORK even if it's an AT&T SIM. Until the Dev Team (or whoever) finds a way to also downgrade the BASEBAND there is no way to reverse an UNLOCKED phone to full working 1.0.2 status

If your phone has never been unlocked (And to be honest I don't know if the TurboSIM method falls in this category or not) you can reverse the SOFTWARE update to 1.0.2 but your baseband will still be 1.1.1. And as such it can not be unlocked at this time.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette