Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade CONFIRMED!

I'm wondering with the rollbacks, did you guys tried to bring the iphone with correct imei and completely restore (no 3 apps party showing) to genius bar and get it repair or replacement?

Because I updated my iphone to 1.1.1 and got bricked with "incorrect sim" message. Then I followed the revert firmware method and it worked. Now i'm at 1.0.2, but still show "incorrect sim" message. The only thing different is when I click on "i" button at the activation screen on iphone, it shows the correct imei instead of hacked imei. Will I able to bring this to apple store and get it repair or replace without being turned down due to hacking?

I am confused please clarify.. Ok my situation. I am on AT&T. I purchased a Iphone that was unlocked (i know ...Why?) whatever I did. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 and I will most probably get bricked. After that if I downgrade can I upgrade again to a working version of 1.1.1? Pretty much what I want to know is will I ever have a working version of 1.1.1 on my unlocked iphone.

Dont bash me guys I just want to be clear about my situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by socalkevin212 View Post
    Go ahead and restore to 1.1.1 but when you restore... Hold both the power and home button for 10 seconds... after ten seconds, RELEASE POWER BUTTON ONLY!! But continue to hold the home button until the yellow triangle appears...

And now i am guessing that I have the 1.1.1 firmware since i downloaded the 7.4.3.1 Itunes version. There anyway that i can find this out? Since the phone is not activated?

Quote Originally Posted by alcantara4 View Post
    So is this confirmed by any os x users here?
    my quick experiences (and questions - pls pF)

i got through everything pretty good, many tries, but i'm still getting a locked sim notification. also , i've noticed that the 'number of times left for unlocking' when i click unlock is reducing by the try...

Should i stop trying before i totally render the former semi-brick into a real real brick? i.e. if i hard reset , would i get my 5 tries back?

Also, some clarification for the iPhone unlock OSX guide (Part 4) when the unlock program is ran, it asked to press start twice during the process before the 'enjoy' message, followed by another 'press start'. Can i assume from the guide that i just press start the first time and wait 20 mins...?

thanks guys.
    Last edited by floerger; 2007-09-30 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trentblue View Post
    Anyone know where you can get a copy of itunes 7.3.0.5?
    http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.htm

This is where i found mine at.

Man am I confused!?

I activated with AT&T and have a contract with them but I needed to use my phone abroad for a bit so I unlocked it using the method outlined at http://www.macworld.com/2007/09/secr...king/index.php

If I update to 1.1.1 will I be OK (just relocked) or will I end up with the Invalid Sim error? I haven't even connected my phone to my computer since that new firmware dropped!

yourev gonna get the invalid sim error because you unlocked. theres no turning back.... for now. =dont update.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster40 View Post
    I am confused please clarify.. Ok my situation. I am on AT&T. I purchased a Iphone that was unlocked (i know ...Why?) whatever I did. I want to upgrade to 1.1.1 and I will most probably get bricked. After that if I downgrade can I upgrade again to a working version of 1.1.1? Pretty much what I want to know is will I ever have a working version of 1.1.1 on my unlocked iphone.

Dont bash me guys I just want to be clear about my situation.

Thanks
    If you are UNLOCKED - AT&T or not - and you upgrade you are screwed.

If you downgrade after going to 1 1 1 you are also screwed but only partially.

1 1 1 breaks the unlocked phone

Downgrading allows you to jailbreak it again and add apps and but it does NOT downgrade the modifications 1 1 1 made to the baseband radio, which results in no GSM services
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Alright i am getting tired of this. I've trying to restore my phone to the 1.0.2 firmware with no freacking luck. For some reason it keep telling me that (iphone) is having some kind of error (1604 and sometimes 1603) And is always on the yollow triangle screen. Ive try to restore it back to the 1.1.1 firmware and no luck either. What do i do now. I have turn it off, rebooted, re-install iTunes, I really dont know what else to do. It seems that i will be having the most expensive paper weight on my desk.

Any suggestions with the comment above?
    Last edited by Mookie469; 2007-10-01 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hiiiiiii Guys can i Unlock my phone again downgrading frm 1.1.1 to v1.0.2 ........ as i have Previously Unlocked my phone. but by mistake it was Upgraded to v1.1.1... well its now Downrgaded to 1.0.2 but the Modem Firmware is the Latest . how can i downgrade it . thanx Sunny

So this breakthru has no value for people out side US?
    We sill cannot anySim or Unlock cause the firmware wont downgrade, right?

Quote Originally Posted by champnou View Post
    yourev gonna get the invalid sim error because you unlocked. theres no turning back.... for now. =dont update.
    OK thanks, no update for me then!

Does anyone know if the Dev Team are working on a way to completely restore the phone to factory condition (baseband and all)? I can handle it being locked again.

Ok, seriously, Im having the same problem as the two other guys. I have windows vista and have 1.1.1 trying to downgrade to 1.0.2. I tried restoring using the the file i downloaded from the link and shift clicked restore, picked the 1.0.2 ipsw file or whatever, and go to the yellow triangle with an error in itunes. So then I tried making it a zip file and restoring it just by clicking the zip file. Went thru the restore, gave me an error and then yellow triangle. I tried apptapp both times and said it completed but nothing happens. I also tried unzipping and and doing a restore on just the folder but it only lets me open them and I can't select the whole file to restore from. I neeed help? What did the other guys finally do????

Confirmed to downgrade firmaware to 1.0.2 but cant unlock yet. Modem firmware still 4.0
    I Don't use Windoze... I am MAC!!!

Ok, I am writing again to be as specific as possible.

These are the steps I took, which led to no success:

1) I had itunes 7.4.3.1 open and my iphone hooked to my computer with version 1.1.1 on it. I am running this on Windows Vista.

2) I help down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds when I then released the power button, but stilll held the home until itunes recognized the phone and then released the home button. The screen was blank on the iphone, but itunes said my phone was in recovery and said to proceed with recovery.

3) I then downloaded the 1.0.2 ipsw file off the first page, I believe. And then changed it to a zip file.

4) I (shift) clicked recovery and it had me choose a file to restore from. I chose the 1.0.2 zip file I had just changed and proceeded. It went thru the whole process until the end and said there was an error (1013). The yellow triangle appeared and then itunes said I had a iphone in recovery. I said ok, but left itunes open.

5) I then ran apptapp installer and it went thru the install process and completed with no errors, however, my iphone did not react at all. I tried to reboot it and it just goes back to the yellow triangle. I tried to re-do evrything using the ipsw file and unzipping and trying the files inside, but no results either way...... I've now had to go back to 1.1.1. PLEASE HELP ME!!! UR MY ONLY HOPE!!!!
    Last edited by Ravenus; 2007-10-02 at 10:16 AM. Reason: forgot to add itunes version

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenus View Post
    Ok, I am writing again to be as specific as possible.

These are the steps I took, which led to no success:

1) I had itunes 7.4.3.1 open and my iphone hooked to my computer with version 1.1.1 on it. I am running this on Windows Vista.

2) I help down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds when I then released the power button, but stilll held the home until itunes recognized the phone and then released the home button. The screen was blank on the iphone, but itunes said my phone was in recovery and said to proceed with recovery.

3) I then downloaded the 1.0.2 ipsw file off the first page, I believe. And then changed it to a zip file.

4) I (shift) clicked recovery and it had me choose a file to restore from. I chose the 1.0.2 zip file I had just changed and proceeded. It went thru the whole process until the end and said there was an error (1013). The yellow triangle appeared and then itunes said I had a iphone in recovery. I said ok, but left itunes open.

5) I then ran apptapp installer and it went thru the install process and completed with no errors, however, my iphone did not react at all. I tried to reboot it and it just goes back to the yellow triangle. I tried to re-do evrything using the ipsw file and unzipping and trying the files inside, but no results either way...... I've now had to go back to 1.1.1. PLEASE HELP ME!!! UR MY ONLY HOPE!!!!
    I dont think u need to zip the restore file, i didn't... anyway ur doing everything right but i think u needed to run apptap one more time and u would have been good.

another way to downgrade is listed on the website " hacktheiphone.com".
    do not follow steps in the (link 1) its useless guarenteed downgrade in (link 2).

i accidently upgraded to 1.1.1 and lost all my work and i found that this link works best to go back to 1.0.2.

I tried to do the app tapp multiple times and still just kept saying completed but the phone never went to the activation screen, so I'm not sure, but I'll try the hackthe iphone way...... IF anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know. Oh and if you don't change it to zip it just keeps going down into the folders until you have to choose a file, but there isn't a file for just restore, it's got a plist, kernel and some .dmg files, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by stag_sunny View Post
    hiiiiiii Guys can i Unlock my phone again downgrading frm 1.1.1 to v1.0.2 ........ as i have Previously Unlocked my phone. but by mistake it was Upgraded to v1.1.1... well its now Downrgaded to 1.0.2 but the Modem Firmware is the Latest . how can i downgrade it . thanx Sunny
    You can't yet
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Ok well link 2 is the exact same thing as what I did so I guess I'll just wait for the hack then............ I hate you now Apple. A-holes!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast