Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 Zip 2.5 Jailbroken - Cannot enter recovery mode

Default 1.1.4 Zip 2.5 Jailbroken - Cannot enter recovery mode
    iPhone running 1.1.4 firmware, Jailbroken and installer.app loaded. The phone runs, I can make and recieve calls, I can ssh into it.

I installed Summerboard, then made the mistake of running passwd. This caused summerboard to constantly reboot. No problem, ftp'd into the iphone and reinstalled Summerboard.

Now I can't change my wallpapers, none of my ringtones work but everything else still does.

I wanted to restore back to a clean 1.1.4 so I tried entering into recovery mode, well I can't. iTunes also does not see my phone.

I have tried the steps listed in the ziphone guide and here is what happens.
    1. power off iphone
    2. unplug iphone
    3. hold down home button untill it says recovery mode(It never turns on)

I have also tried the hard reset, the power/home held down for 30 seconds the DFU, ziphone -D, full hardware DFU 7 seconds 2 seconds.

Is there a command line way to initiate recovery mode as I can still ssh into the phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Maybe you already tried this... It's not quite clear from your post how you've tried entering DFU mode.

Have you tried (while the phone is on) holding down the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, and then releasing only the power button while continuing to hold the home button until DFU mode is reached? (takes maybe 15 - 20 seconds total)
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

isaaclimdc (2008-05-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    Maybe you already tried this... It's not quite clear from your post how you've tried entering DFU mode.

Have you tried (while the phone is on) holding down the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, and then releasing only the power button while continuing to hold the home button until DFU mode is reached? (takes maybe 15 - 20 seconds total)
    This method will enter NORMAL recovery mode where you will see the arrow pointing to the iTunes logo.

DFU Recovery Mode: Hold home and power until the screen turns black... release the power button but continue to hold the home button, then plug the phone into the computer and with 15 seconds iTunes will recognize the phone in recovery mode.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

isaaclimdc (2008-05-23), richtoyz (2008-03-20)

I can see the last message was posted 2 weeks ago...I am having the exact same problem as described in the initial thread..Was there any fix found yet? Initially I could not even charge my iphone. i think the iphone recharge function was locked...but i could eventually recharge using an old power supply from an ipod..USB still refuses to function...Any help would be greatly welcomed.

i tell u one thing ....download iliberty ..connect ur iphone and then go to advance tab and click on enter recovery mode ....and u will be in the recovery mode and it doesnt matter which FM u r on

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately since PC does not recognize Iphone then ILiberty/ Ziphone or Itune do not even see that an iphone is connected...i first need to understand how to have my iphone recognized by the PC (the way it was happening before)...

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This method will enter NORMAL recovery mode where you will see the arrow pointing to the iTunes logo.

DFU Recovery Mode: Hold home and power until the screen turns black... release the power button but continue to hold the home button, then plug the phone into the computer and with 15 seconds iTunes will recognize the phone in recovery mode.
    i have in fact tried both recovery and DFU with the method indicated in thread without success.