Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? Which Method?

Default 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? Which Method?
    Hey everyone, I am currently running 1.1.2 jailbreak and it very stable. Do you recommend upgrading to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4? If so, which is the best method? Thanks in advance!

Hey MacAholic I was in your shoes a week ago..... very hesitant to upgrade. But I did and I love it. So much more to download. Although not alll the bugs are worked out with the jailbreak on the new software but it still works good.
    I upgraded to 1.1.4 and jailbroke with ZiPhone. I also did it on my buddies phone. Its very easy and fast.
    Let me know if you have any questions.... There are a couple of tricks that ou have to do to get customize and summerboard and for one other thing to get sound to work after you jailbreak it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenzie_Roth For This Useful Post:

macaholic415 (2008-03-19)

Hey Kenzie, thanks for the words of encouragement. If you don't mind, can you give the steps you took to upgrade? Only if you have time of course. Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you plan to go up to a new firmware and your phone is currently jailbroken you will want to do a RESTORE to 1.1.4 (not upgrade). Then use ziphone and then set the phone up as NEW in iTunes and resync all your data.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

macaholic415 (2008-03-19)

What are some of the issues when I do upgrade?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is a cut and paste from the Troubleshoot file in the ziphone download:

I) Other Jailbreaks

The most common source of problems is running ZiPhone after using other 1.1.3
    jailbreak solutions. The best case is to run ZiPhone on a cleanly restored 1.1.3
    phone. Other configurations that are known to work include starting with a
    jailbreakme.com 1.1.1 phone or oktoprep 1.1.2, possibly then updated to 1.1.3
    using iTunes.

It you start with a "Nate" or "Official Dev Team" jailbreak of 1.1.3, it's important
    that you tell iTunes to treat the phone as a NEW phone. That is, do not restore
    your existing phone's settings and configuration to the ZiPhone jailbroken phone.
    Restoring settings from other jailbreaks is *known* to cause problems.

If your phone is behaving badly after two different 1.1.3 jailbreaks, your best bet
    is to restore to a clean 1.1.3 install with iTunes and then run ZiPhone. Clicking
    the Restore button in iTunes should get you started. When prompted about backing up
    settings, choose "Do Not Backup". You WILL lose your settings on your phone, but any
    contacts or other data synced to your PC will be synced back when your restore is
    complete.