Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have to take phone into Apple. Need Help!

Default Have to take phone into Apple. Need Help!
    Ok I have an unlocked and jb iphone 3gs on 4.0.1. I bought this phone on craigslist a few months back and it still has a warranty. I took it in a few months ago when my backlight went out and had they fixed it. Problem is I restored it just to be safe and then had to wait weeks for the jailbreak.

I have to take it in today because I cracked the glass and was wondering if I could just leave it unlocked. Will they fix it? Should I restore it? If I restore it, will I be able to jailbreak it?

I really need some help. Thanks in advance!

Why don't you just buy a new screen on eBay? They aren't going to fix your screen for free lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

True, do it yourself and they will not give you a replacement for a cracked screen and is not under warranty too.

Apple doesn't fix screens the just give you a refurbished one its going to cost 199 and for that price you might as well buy a new screen and digi off ebay for 60 and just replace it your self.

Ok, I went into the store today and the guy gave me a new phone! So now I have a brand new 3gs. I need to get a sim to activate it. IS the new jb out for the newest firmware? (sorry, been away at college and havent checked lately)

Redsn0w can jb but its teathered you need to wait for the official release.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

bkortee (2010-11-23)

ok thanks man.

No problem just hit the button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bkortee View Post
    Ok, I went into the store today and the guy gave me a new phone! So now I have a brand new 3gs. I need to get a sim to activate it. IS the new jb out for the newest firmware? (sorry, been away at college and havent checked lately)
    Wow, so cool, no questions ask ,gave you a new 3gs wonderful.

Download tiny umbrella and click save shsh , see what you have in TU before you do anything. I think you TU can recognize your iphone in Emergency mode, check it out, let me know.

Edit : I couldn't believe it that they didn't charge you for a broken Screen.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

bkortee (2010-11-23)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Wow, so cool, no questions ask ,gave you a new 3gs wonderful.

Download tiny umbrella and click save shsh , see what you have in TU before you do anything. I think you TU can recognize your iphone in Emergency mode, check it out, let me know.

Edit : I couldn't believe it that they didn't charge you for a broken Screen.
    They guy told me it would cost around $200 to replace, but said he was going to help me out. He even told me not to tell management. haha. guess it was my lucky day.

I'd say so Congrats

Thanks

Yes, it is your lucky day, make sure you don't drop your iphone this time, use a rubber case to protect it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

bkortee (2010-11-23)

hopefully TU can recognize it in emergency mode bc I cant find my at&t sim right now!!!

EDIT: Can I use Tiny Umbrella to get out of emergency mode or will only a sim card work?
    Last edited by bkortee; 2010-11-23 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks

Always put all other extra sims in the box so you can locate it easily..LOL

Can tiny umberella get the my phone out of emergency mode or will only a valid at&t sim work?

Thanks

No, TU doesn't activate for you. I think you have 4.1, jailbreak with Limerra1n from emergency screen and see.

OR, if you want to restore to an activated custom firware of 4.1, i can give it to you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-23 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can always use a vailid sim in the phone plug it in to activate it wont update you unless you click update after activation

ok I jailbroke the phone using limerain. Anyway to unlock it through cydia?

Not yet sit tight dev team hasnt updated ultrsn0w yet but should be soon

Thanks

Go to setting > general > about > check your modem firmware. If it is not 05.14.xx, then you can unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast