Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A message for Jailbreakers from iPhone Dev team regarding iOS 4.2.1

Post A message for Jailbreakers from iPhone Dev team regarding iOS 4.2.1
    Hey Jailbreakers read this before you Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1
    iPhone Dev-Team have updated their blog with a new blog post in which they have addressed the jailbreakers who want to update their devices to iOS 4.2.1. First of all they have asked those users who have to unlock their devices to stay away from the official Apple update if they want to jailbreak their device until the release of Pwnage tool and wait for the ability to create custom 4.2.1. IPSWs that don’t update your baseband.

There is a good news for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users as due to a combination of original pwnage2 exploit, the arm7_go exploit, 24kpwn, and limera1n, your device is “just as jailbreakable as ever.” You reap the full benefit of an untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak.

And for the owners of new iDevice owners such as iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4G the news is that iOS 4.2.1 is jailbreakable but the jailbreak is tethered at the moment so you would have to wait until Developers release an update to the jailbreak utility.

ultrasn0w unlock: After redsn0w is officially released with the new Cydia and kernel patches, we’ll be able to assess the unlock situation. It’s already looking very promising though, so expect the unlock for the 3G and 3GS to be coming this week. The i4 unlock is taking more effort though, and no further concrete info is available about that yet.

A message for Jailbreakers from Dev team regarding iOS 4.2.1

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope they can get passed the tethered part as I really don't want to have to plug into a computer after every reboot of the phone. I will stick with 4.1 until the majority of my apps start requiring 4.2.1.