Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnge tool vs others

Default Pwnge tool vs others
    Whats the difference of... say Pwnge tool versus others like greenp0ison? Is it a difference in a quality of jailbreaking or what?

pwnage tool is basically for preserving baseband for unlockers other than that not really IMO

Sorry I'm new to all these terms. Could you explain what you just said? Ha sorry and thanks for the quick reply.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

With Pwnage, Cydia apps can be included (aka OpenSSH) along with the ipsw. Another option can make the root partion larger (u will know if u need it (haha)).

No baseband update is the primary use --- and REQUIRED for unlockers (any SIM use)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-11-23)

do you depend on an unlock? if you do pwnage tool for mac or sn0wbreeze for windows creates a custom firmware so you can upgrade without updating your baseband(baseband updates patches the unlock) so your not locked to the carrier the phone came with. as far as greep0ison, limera1n, blackra1n, spirit,jailbreakme.com etc. it jailbreaks the specific firmware you are on and it was made for greenpoison(firmware 4.0.2-4.1) limera1n(firmware 4.0.2-4.1) blackrain(firmware 3.1.2) Spirit(firmware 3.1.3) Jailbreakme.com(firmware 4.0-4.0.1) i would mention other but might as well call firmware under 3.1.2 obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by silent six View Post
    do you depend on an unlock? if you do pwnage tool for mac or sn0wbreeze for windows creates a custom firmware so you can upgrade without updating your baseband(baseband updates patches the unlock) so your not locked to the carrier the phone came with. as far as greep0ison, limera1n, blackra1n, spirit,jailbreakme.com etc. it jailbreaks the specific firmware you are on and it was made for greenpoison(firmware 4.0.2-4.1) limera1n(firmware 4.0.2-4.1) blackrain(firmware 3.1.2) Spirit(firmware 3.1.3) Jailbreakme.com(firmware 4.0-4.0.1) i would mention other but might as well call firmware under 3.1.2 obsolete
    Thankyou! That was really helpful and insightful! And thanks again for the quick replys.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FancyMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FancyMan View Post
    Thankyou! That was really helpful and insightful! And thanks again for the quick replys.
    not a problem if you need anything else just ask

not a problem if you need anything else just ask
    Well I have one more question. Okay well I recently downloaded PkgBackup after hearing about it.(on here actually) But when I start the app it works fine. It runs good but when I try to backup the packages it goes about 90% of the way and the app crashes. Whats going on?

Well I have one more question. Okay well I recently downloaded PkgBackup after hearing about it.(on here actually) But when I start the app it works fine. It runs good but when I try to backup the packages it goes about 90% of the way and the app crashes. Whats going on?
    did you pay for it or is it a cracked version?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This sometimes happens when apps are added from non-standard Cydia repositories. They contain wierd names or dependancies or don't follow the Cydia packaging rules.

What repos have you added?

did you pay for it or is it a cracked version?
    I never paid for anything so I guess cracked. Whats cracked?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Sorry but if you didn't pay then it is cracked. ModMyI does not allow talk of cracked apps/piracy. You will get no help with that issue here.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

yea you need to pay for it bro its more stable that way..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Stealing! And sorry, we can't help anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Main question answered. Second question is not allowed. Since main question has been answered and next one is cracked app help this thread is /closed.

Cracked apps are paid apps that have been hacked to run without purchasing them. Cracked apps = piracy.

Actually BlkCadi said it best to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Thread closed.
    The use of 'cracked apps' or 'warez', referring to commercial applications available on the iTunes Application Store or Cydia Store that have been modified and distributed by third parties for free, is frowned upon by the community and against the forum rules; developers value your support!
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-11-23 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-11-23), Mes (2010-11-23)