Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4.2 Cydia/ Jailbreak compatible??

Default iPhone 4.2 Cydia/ Jailbreak compatible??
    Hey guys

I'm fairly new to Cydia/ Jailbreak so thanks for your patience.

- I jailbroke my iPhone with 4.x and succesfully modded my phone, etc.

- Then today i read on many sites that Cydia is already compatible with 4.2?

- So i went ahead and updated 4.2 via iTunes. Unfortunately now it's all reset again and Cydia is gone

I guess it's not compatible yet?

I'm really new to this. How do i need to update OS versions with a jailbroken phone? Can i update it automatically via iTunes or do i have to do it differently?

Thanks much in advance

hope you saved your shsh. i dont think limera1n or GP works on 4.2 yet. you need to restore your phone back to 4.1 or whichever you have your shsh saved for and rejailbreak.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You should have waited until one of the jailbreaks were updated for 4.2. Every update/restore wipes away a jailbreak so you have to jailbreak again. But you cant yet since none of the jailbreaks have been officially updated to support 4.2 yet.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I use limerain.

Once limerain is 4.2x compatible will it restore all my mods again or do i have to start over?

I hope the 4.2 didn't wipe out all my jailbreak/ Cydia settings completely or did it?

Thanks

Yes you will have to reinstall everything again unless you used something like pkgbackup to backup your jailbreak stuff.

ouch, no i did not use the backup package. damn.

what about my purchased Cydia apps, they will re-download again without purchasing it again, right?

Thanks

yes you should be able to redownload them without having to pay for them again.

if you didnt save your shsh files for 4.1 you better try to immediately, if the window has closed you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrunked View Post
    if you didnt save your shsh files for 4.1 you better try to immediately, if the window has closed you are screwed.
    how do i do it with the 4.2 now installed?

and does anyone know if i can restore to my jailbroken phone via earlier back up through itunes???

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

iTunes will restore everything that isn't a jailbreak app/tweak. Photos contacts apps etc. if you restore and restore from back up. You can save your SHSHs by downloading TinyUmbrella @ click here

Open the program and click Save SHSHs and you're done.