Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Sync Install error

Default Wifi Sync Install error
    Hi guys, when i try to install wifi sync for mac i get this error

Code:
    Nov 22 17:29:23 Jordan-Ferns-MacBook-Pro installd[1075]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
    Nov 22 17:29:25 Jordan-Ferns-MacBook-Pro installd[1075]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: post-flight scripts for "com.ghughes.wifiSync.root.pkg"\nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x102455600 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “root.pkg”." {\n    NSFilePath = "./postflight";\n    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201croot.pkg\U201d.";\n    NSURL = "./Contents/Packages/root.pkg -- file://localhost/Users/jordanfern/Desktop/Wi-Fi%20Sync.mpkg/";\n    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.ghughes.wifiSync.root.pkg";\n}
    Nov 22 17:29:26 Jordan-Ferns-MacBook-Pro Installer[1071]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
    Nov 22 17:29:26 Jordan-Ferns-MacBook-Pro Installer[1071]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
    Nov 22 17:29:26 Jordan-Ferns-MacBook-Pro Installer[1071]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.
    Any ideas?

bump?
    Last edited by metaljay; 2010-11-23 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Like A Boss

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I will never install wifi sync, I do get problem at the end of the sync and morever, you have to uninstall wifi sync on your computer if you ever want to do a restore on your iphone, because it will let you restore. Just a big hassle.

thanks, but i cant even get it to install, any tips on that first lol?

Like A Boss

Thanks

A mac user can probably tell you why.

I have the same issue. Tried to reinstall iTunes, uninstall and reinstall wi-fi sync to no avail. Very annoying.

Help! Please.

Thanks

You have a problem with your iphone 4, go get a replacement. I have one guy, tried for days just to restore to the latest firmware and gave up. Finally he brought it in and had a replacement.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Dash David (2010-11-25)

The phone works great, it's the software or something on my Mac rather that's screwed up.

Thanks anyway!

100% not the phone
    It fails at the install on the mac
    Seems it's to do with the 'postflight' file but I can't work it out

Like A Boss

Bump

Like A Boss

Please any1?

Like A Boss

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    Please any1?
    Are we alone, perhaps special???