Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un-jail break Qs

Default Un-jail break Qs
    So I'm having trouble with Cydia with a repo that just won't stop popping up errors. Ssh'd many times and it'll be gone and then it returns.

So I have PkgBackup and I backed up my cydia list.

So I simply just back up my apple apps with iTunes and then I click RESTORE in iTunes to new and NOT backup. Then I re-jb and then download PkgBackup again to get apps and lists back?

3GS on 4.1 and Limerain.

Thanks,

Jon

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Google Cyfix and use that instead of doing the restore. Youll need Mobile Terminal 4.x (Google that too). All u have to do is make sure you have the exact address that pops up in the error.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Google Cyfix and use that instead of doing the restore. Youll need Mobile Terminal 4.x (Google that too). All u have to do is make sure you have the exact address that pops up in the error.
    It's that ispazio repo. Thought I had gotten rid of it but when I can't find another file for it to delete-one pops up a bit latter when I open cydia.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Let us know the outcome! It worked for me after constantly having to redelete a source in the Sources-Cydia.list file

Let us know the outcome! It worked for me after constantly having to redelete a source in the Sources-Cydia.list file
    Well I see why u couldn't mention the name and I had to search for cyfix.

So it deleted it from the load screen I cydia but it's still pooping up in the install/load screen. Same ispazio repo and cyfix says it's deleted. Go figure.

Thanks

Really?!?! Now, I do recognize that name for some reason (like I used to have it) but I don't see it on my ip4 sources list. I'll check my wifes 3GS and see if it's there.

Anyways, if it's on her phone, I wonder if Cydia is automatically adding it for some reason. I'll try to research this a bit more.

Still can't believe, though, that Cyfix didn't completely remove it. Worked like a charm for me....

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The iSpazio bad repo always shows up for me when I restore a device on 3.1.x. Done a couple devices on 3.1.x but a simple upgrade of Cydia's updates fixed it up. No more errors since updating the changes in Cydia probably cleared out any dead repos and put it up to date. Did you update the first thing after restoring and jailbreaking?

Thanks

Checked my wifes 3GS and it has the ispazio repository! It also gave the error! @Puma.Leaf aka AnnieX (haha) How did u update Cydia to refresh/clean it out? I just checked for changes and all I got was MyWi 4.0 update. Now I'm curious for the fix too! LOL.
    BTW, she is 3GS, 4.0.1, Jailbreakme

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SepticTank View Post
    Well I see why u couldn't mention the name and I had to search for cyfix.
    Ya, not a fan of what they support BUT they have some tweaks I can't find elsewhere

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Go to Cydia and then changes then refresh and see if any updates are available.

Ive not heard of PkgBackup, AptBackup and AppBackup do the same thing though it sounds like and both are free

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Aptbackup is for Cydia packages and appbackup is for app store apps.

Pkgbackup is a paid app but it's worth it. More reliable. It saves the packages as a contact unlike aptbackup. As a contact, as long as you've synced your contacts, installing Pkgbackup and syncing to iTunes to restore contacts will enable you to reinstall everything from Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    Aptbackup is for Cydia packages and appbackup is for app store apps.

Pkgbackup is a paid app but it's worth it. More reliable. It saves the packages as a contact unlike aptbackup. As a contact, as long as you've synced your contacts, installing Pkgbackup and syncing to iTunes to restore contacts will enable you to reinstall everything from Cydia.
    O wow thanks for that info, now to find out the price of it

Does Pkgbackup work on 4.1?
    Im asking before I buy it because my "other sources" are saying it only works up to 4.0.1? But the Full paid version doesn't have a Firmware compatibility thing stating from 3.1.3-4.0.1 or something to that effect, basically I don't want to buy it if it's not gunna work for my current 4.1 firmware

Thanks

Just FYI, I haven't used PackageBackup but unless AptBackup has been updated, do not use it for 4.1. I've used it on two ip4s (including mine) and it reinstalls all the Cydia info but erases all the App Store apps!!!! Not good....

Just FYI, I haven't used PackageBackup but unless AptBackup has been updated, do not use it for 4.1. I've used it on two ip4s (including mine) and it reinstalls all the Cydia info but erases all the App Store apps!!!! Not good....
    I just used aptbackup for a restore last week on 4.1 and it worked perfect how long ago did you try that?

Thanks

When 4.1 first came out. Like I said, they might have updated it since then, but I wasn't sure, so I wanted to give a warning just in case. Glad it's back to normal, though! Free is always nice!!!

Thanx for the update!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    Go to Cydia and then changes then refresh and see if any updates are available.
    I wonder if reinstalling Cydia would clear that ispazio source since Changes doesn't show an update....

I wonder if reinstalling Cydia would clear that ispazio source since Changes doesn't show an update....
    Its inside of Cydia.source i don't remember the root sry

SOLUTION
    /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
    Download and open it
    Delete the source line and replace it

Also i was able to fix just by installing a new source one time

Please thank me on site else keep asking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast