Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading 3gs

Default upgrading 3gs
    I have a jailbroken 3gs and it on 4.0 sofware and i want to upgrade to 4.1.How can i do that?I have run tiny umbrella and have saved all my shsh's.now what do i need to do?I tried thru itunes but it keeps saying that it cant connect to the update server.Is it because i'm jailbroken?I just want to update and any help would be appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^I'm pretty sure he would've mentioned it...
    Anywayz download the Firmware for iPhone 3gs from here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download it's under iPhone / iPod touch / iPad / Apple TV and it says iPhone 3G S (4.1/8B117)

So download it then when its done go to itunes, plug in your phone and press shift restore on windows and on mac its option + restore
    then it asks you to select a file, so select the one you downloaded and wait for it to restore your phone
    I would recommend iTunes 9.2+ if you want to restore to 4.1
    Good luck!
    Please press the Thanks button if I ever helped, you'd be helping me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

For 4.1, you need to update to itunes 10 .

Edit : If you don't need an unlock, then once you have restored to 4.1, you can go with Limera1n or GreenPoison.
    If you do need an unlock , you should restore to Custom firmware of 4.1 either created by Pwnage tools 4.1.2 or Snowbreeze 2.1.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-20 at 09:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robben10 View Post
    ^I'm pretty sure he would've mentioned it...
    Anywayz download the Firmware for iPhone 3gs from here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download it's under iPhone / iPod touch / iPad / Apple TV and it says iPhone 3G S (4.1/8B117)

So download it then when its done go to itunes, plug in your phone and press shift restore on windows and on mac its option + restore
    then it asks you to select a file, so select the one you downloaded and wait for it to restore your phone
    I would recommend iTunes 9.2+ if you want to restore to 4.1
    Good luck!

Always best never to assume. I wouldnt want to tell him to update to a regular 4.1 and he needs to be able to unlock.