Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia error bad url

Default cydia error bad url
    everytime i open cydia i get an error failed to fetch beyourphone.com bad url
    i checked in sources but dont see that url ??????????

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Google Cyfix
    Make sure u get the exact address to delete it in Mobile Terminal

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Cydia repo errors, garanteed to fix and never come back, I find this easier.
    SSH Method

Step 1. Open your SSH Client. (WinSCP for PC, Cyberduck for Mac)
    -1a. Enter your I.P address in the 'hosts' box. Your I.P address can be found by Opening SBSettings.
    -1b. Enter your Username and Password. The default username and password is : 'root' and 'alpine' (Changing root password is HIGHLY recommended.)

Step 2. You are now inside the iPhone and can see all of the directories. Navigate to '/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d'
    -2a. Open it, and Delete all files that come up as a error on Cydia.
    -2b. Open Cydia.list for editing You will see lines that look like : deb http://i.danstaface.net/deb/ for example.
    -2c. Remove the line that has the offending repo URL.

Step 3. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 4. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 5. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/cydia and Open the metadata.plist for editing using a .plist editing program
    -5a. Search for the corrupted repo, and Delete all instances of it. It may appear More than once in the metadata.plist file.
    -5b. Save the file.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    iFile Method

Step 1. Navigate to '/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d'
    -1a. Open it, and delete all files that come up as a error on Cydia.
    -1b. Open Cydia.list for editing You will see lines that look like : deb http:/************* for example.
    -1c. Remove the line that has the offending repo URL.

Step 2. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 3. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 4. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/cydia and Open the metadata.plist
    -4a. Search for the corrupted repo, and Delete all instances of it. It may appear More than once in the metadata.plist file.
    -4b. Save the file.

Open up Cydia and see whether the problem still persists. If everything was done correctly, the corrupted repo should be gon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

autumninseason (2010-12-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Wow, a long one

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2010-11-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I Know, lolz. I had this same issue for like ever. Did a bunch of searching and came up with this. It works 100%
    Issue is that if you do it any other way, when ever you add a new repo, the bad one comes back. Have to edit the metaplist and good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Cydia repo errors, garanteed to fix and never come back, I find this easier.
    SSH Method

Step 1. Open your SSH Client. (WinSCP for PC, Cyberduck for Mac)
    -1a. Enter your I.P address in the 'hosts' box. Your I.P address can be found by Opening SBSettings.
    -1b. Enter your Username and Password. The default username and password is : 'root' and 'alpine' (Changing root password is HIGHLY recommended.)

Step 2. You are now inside the iPhone and can see all of the directories. Navigate to '/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d'
    -2a. Open it, and Delete all files that come up as a error on Cydia.
    -2b. Open Cydia.list for editing You will see lines that look like : deb http://i.danstaface.net/deb/ for example.
    -2c. Remove the line that has the offending repo URL.

Step 3. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 4. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 5. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/cydia and Open the metadata.plist for editing using a .plist editing program
    -5a. Search for the corrupted repo, and Delete all instances of it. It may appear More than once in the metadata.plist file.
    -5b. Save the file.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    iFile Method

Step 1. Navigate to '/private/etc/apt/sources.list.d'
    -1a. Open it, and delete all files that come up as a error on Cydia.
    -1b. Open Cydia.list for editing You will see lines that look like : deb http:/************* for example.
    -1c. Remove the line that has the offending repo URL.

Step 2. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 3. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial and Delete all files that contain the corrupted repo in the name.

Step 4. Navigate to : /private/var/lib/cydia and Open the metadata.plist
    -4a. Search for the corrupted repo, and Delete all instances of it. It may appear More than once in the metadata.plist file.
    -4b. Save the file.

Open up Cydia and see whether the problem still persists. If everything was done correctly, the corrupted repo should be gon

ok what happens if i just deleted everything?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

Cyfix is easier...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by my1past1is1ur1future View Post
    ok what happens if i just deleted everything?
    If you delete everything, then you will get nothing, your Cydia might not work properly.