Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS idroid help

Default 3GS idroid help
    I put idroid on the 3GS and the screen got stuck on welcome to openboot or whatever but it stay like that until it die so I'm asking well Anything happen

Idroid is not for 3gs, its 2g and 3g only, you have to dfu restore

Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    i know that but i didnt have to restore it

Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    It does work in the 3GS and o didnt have to restore it

Thanks

Unless you've got a custom-made oibc+openiboot lying around, iDroid, OpeniBoot, and Bootlace are UNSUPPORTED and generally DO NOT WORK on the 3GS. Only the 2G, iPT1G, and 3G are supported.

Judging by your asking for help here, I'll venture you don't have the technical skill to create the necessary files yourself correctly. If you had the beta files from a "real" hacker, you'd ask them for help rather than us.

Or you're trolling, and failing rather miserably.

Either way, kindly obey Wheaton's Law please? Something about honey and vinegar...

it woks that all i care so why are you acting like you so smart like you know what you talking about

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi 'Hpwill'.
    Can yoiu please post how you managed to get Idroid on your 3gs as I have been following Idroid updates for about a month and there seems to be no way to get it working.
    Cheers!

Last edited by Waddz; 2011-04-07 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hpwill View Post
    it woks that all i care so why are you acting like you so smart like you know what you talking about
    Um he does know what he is talking about. Look hes a dev. I want a video proving that you have successfully placed iboot on your 3gs. The video will need to.show the phone connected to itunes showinf what kind of phone it is then switfhing to android

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by STRAYunINFIDEL View Post
    Um he does know what he is talking about. Look hes a dev. I want a video proving that you have successfully placed iboot on your 3gs. The video will need to.show the phone connected to itunes showinf what kind of phone it is then switfhing to android
    That's just the start of my standard of proof, BTW.

The official iDroid Project has a working openiBoot for the 3GS; it's in a very alpha status and is not ready for public consumption. Its development can be almost entirely credited to the limera1n bootrom exploit's ability to execute unsigned code over USB (and the very brilliant hackers behind it).

When this was originally posted, limera1n wasn't nearly that developed. I think only CDev and Geohot (maybe Planetbeing/Musclenerd too) had the source in November...

PS: necrobump much?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its good to hear the port is still in progress. Cant wait!!

PS: the guys that find these exploits and code these hacks are bloody geniuses, blows my mind!!