Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! iPhone 3G Trapped in restart loop!

Default Help! iPhone 3G Trapped in restart loop!
    So, I received a jail broken iPhone 3G from a friend and decided to do a clean reset/downgrade to 3.1.3 . I chose the extreme reset from the iPhone settings menu (the one that takes 2 hours) and let it do its thing. However, now the phone won't fully boot, power down or go into DFU mode.

Here are the exact symptoms:
    -The phone shows the apple logo and then the hourglass appears.
    -It is stuck on this screen for several minutes and the hour glass spins, but very slowly (literally like one pixel every 30 seconds).
    -Next the screen will flash or just go blank, the phone seems to power off and then power back on and the process repeats itself.
    -Through this whole sequence, the phone does not respond to any input. I can't power it off or enter DFU mode. The phone will just continue this cycle until the battery is dead.

Is the poor little guy hosed?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need a restore to 3.1.3 again, put it either into recovery/dfu mode and shift + restore to 3.1.3.

Thanks

let the phone die, hold the home button down and connect it to your computer (recovery mode) restore to 3.1.3 and rejailbreak

Here's what I tried:

I let the phone die (it got out of its recovery loop and when I try to turn it on, I get the red battery logo), held the home button and plugged it in while iTunes was open. The screen turned on and the charging logo appeared (red battery with lighting bolt beneath). Unfortunately, iTunes didn't see it and eventually the Apple logo reappeared and the phone just went into another restart loop.

Thanks

Turn it off, while holding the Home button , plug your iphone in until you see itunes cable logo appears.
    Now Itunes will recognize your device in recovery mode, you can now Shift + restore to 3.1.3.

Thanks

It is just a DFU mode so that itunes recognizes your iphone so that you can restore.