Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no wifi after jailbreak 4.0.1

Default no wifi after jailbreak 4.0.1
    I bought my iphone a month ago. It was on version 3.1.3, and had working wifi, cellular, data, gps, etc. I tried jailbreaking on 3.1.3 via blackra1n. It didn't work. When I got the phone running again via a restore to 4.0, the network didn't work and neither did the wifi.
    An official restore to 4.0.1 gave me back the cellular network, but still no wifi.

I've tried resetting network settings, no result.

When I open the wifi tab in general settings, the iphone working animation spinner thing circles beside choose a network for ONE SECOND before disappearing. No networks get found.

Any solutions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Have you done a forget network and key in your wep again.

no, no wifi network has ever been found with this iphone since I tried blackra1n. I also tried redsnow to get past the activation screen on 4.0, but didnt get any cellular network, even with a supported sim. i upgraded to 4.0.1, used a supported sim to get data coverage, jailbroke with jailbreakme.com then unlocked with ultrasnow. Now I can use my telus sim (I live in canada) and get cellular/data coverage, but still no bloody wifi.

Thanks

Restore to stock firmware again and see if you have wifi.

and I don't even know what idevice you are having.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-19 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the device is an iphone 3g. on 5.13.04.

There was no wifi after restoring to stock firmware 4.0 and no wifi after restoring to 4.0.1

Thanks

Then you have a hardware problem with the wifi.

how can it be a hardware problem? The wifi was working when the phone was on 3.1.3, but stopped working after attempting to jb with blackra1n and has been "broken" since then.

I can try changing the wifi flex cable, but I'd rather exhaust all other options first.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Try restoring to 3.1.3. You will get a 1015 error near the end of the restore. Just use tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery then use redsnow 0.9.4 after you activate with iTunes (you did say you have a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to right?). See if you have wifi on that firmware. I have seen a few people who have lost wifi when updating to 4.0.

Thanks

Ok, under settings > wifi > just read your first post, searching but cannot find any hotspot.
    Have you tried resetting your router ? Just unplug and plug back the power to the wifi router
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-19 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Try restoring to 3.1.3. You will get a 1015 error near the end of the restore. Just use tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery then use redsnow 0.9.4 after you activate with iTunes (you did say you have a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to right?). See if you have wifi on that firmware. I have seen a few people who have lost wifi when updating to 4.0.

I don't have shsh saved for 3.1.3. can't downgrade I would think?
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Ok, under settings > wifi > just read your first post, searching but cannot find any hotspot.
    Have you tried resetting your router ? Just unplug and plug back the power to the wifi router
    The issue is independent of router. I cant find networks at home, at school or at work. Other iphones and my 3g touch will find networks at all of those places. This phone does not see anything and stops searching quickly (1-2 seconds)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You do not need SHSH on a iPhone 3G when restoring to pre-4.0 firmware.

alrigh im goiung to give 3.1.3 a shot to see if it helps get wifi back