Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS LimeRa1n jb problem

Default iPhone 3GS LimeRa1n jb problem
    Okay well i have an iPhone 3GS ios 4.1 (8B117) with baseband 5.14.02. 8GB.

I was coding / hacking on my computer recently and bugged it. I redid my os but i broke my windows installer registry. Now theres corrupt files and i cant fix them yet.. So since i cant, i cant download / install java or itunes, etc. I do have .NET framework. (buggy tho) and i downloaded limera1n from the main site. I used RC1, RC1 beta, rc1 beta2, and rc1 beta 4. None works. Im on windows 7 ultimate (hacked version), 32-bit system. I ran limera1n as admin, didnt work, either.
    On unlock, i dont want some t-mobile crap, i can care less. I need cydia, using s jb tool. Ive hacked my itouch 3.1.3, and 4.0 no problems.

How i perform my jailbreak:
    I plug my phone into the computer.
    I turn it off.
    I run limera1n as administrator.
    I click make it ra1n.
    It says waiting for device...
    Then it freezes. It sits there for 3hours and is still the same.

Got any ideas? Ive had this since 4.1 just came out and ive been DYING TO JAILBREAK THIS.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download Redsn0w 0.9.6 b2 and download stock 4.1 ipsw . Run Redsn0w in DFU mode only , you need to point to stock 4.1 ipsw. Once you are in DFU mode, restore to a custom firmware created by Pwnage tools 4.1.2, you need a non-hactivated custom ipsw. You can get it from the net.

Will this be upgrading me?

And are there any TuTs? Easier said then done.

Thanks

Upgrading what ? It doesn't matter anymore since your baseband is already at 05.14.xx, going through this method will get you a jailbroken iphone.

Okay, Thanks!!

Thanks

I do have a copy here but it is activated, you should get one that is not activated and if you are with official carrier, then you will get signal as you cannot unlock your current baseband.

Activated? Like service activated? if so i already did.

Yeow, kinda stuck here.. Okay i fixed up my computer yesterday and git itunes and java. I dled 4.1 ipsw and it came with like dfu and dmg files and stuff, what now? How do i compress into ipsw..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You have to download it with something other than safari or it will auto decompress.

Thanks

If it is downloaded as .zip, do not unzip, just rename the extention from from.zip to . Ipsw. If you do get a non activated copy and perform the procedure I instructed, once restored, and activated with your ATNT sim, you will get service with this carrier and jailbroken at 4.1 too. If you have any questions, let me know. This afternoon, I will be having lunch with a friend, so I will be back only later today. Hope everything goes well.

Oh, make sure you have the latest iTunes too
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-11-19 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If it is downloaded as .zip, do not unzip, just rename the extention from from.zip to . Ipsw. If you do get a non activated copy and perform the procedure I instructed, once restored, and activated with your ATNT sim, you will get service with this carrier and jailbroken at 4.1 too. If you have any questions, let me know. This afternoon, I will be having lunch with a friend, so I will be back only later today. Hope everything goes well.

Oh, make sure you have the latest iTunes too
    Who said you could have time off for lunch, hmmm...