Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: does redsn0w 0.9.6b2 work with Mobile Substrate

Default does redsn0w 0.9.6b2 work with Mobile Substrate
    Does redsn0w 0.9.6b2 work with mobile substrate? b1 did not. So did they fix this in b2?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What is wrong with your mobile substrate ? Redsn0w is a jailbreaking tool.

True, however the b1 version was not, for some reason, fully compatible with mobile substrate off of cydia. The very second I, and a bunch of other people, installed an app that used mobile substrate on a phone that used the redsn0w 0.9.6b1 jailbreak all sorts of problems began; restart/respring loops, settings.app crashing, ect. I know that it is some incompatibility with mobile substrate because I used crash reporter and the logs showed numerous and counting apti crashes; each one caused by a failure to load mobile substrate correctly. It is not just me, there are numerous threads on this forum alone, is actually the reason I found this forum and tried sn0wbreeze to begin with, about this problem.

And before you suggest it I did multiple restores, rejailbreaks, and tested the stability with and without mobile substrate installed. Everything runs smooth until Mobile Substrate enters the picture. I tested with and with out backgrounding also. It is not like Jailbreaks don't make changes to the iPhones subsystems. There is a history of jailbreaks being the cause of system instability. And the incompatibility may very well be on mobile substrate, I don't know, they just do not play well with each other. All I want to know however is if mobile substrate apps run fine on a phone that used redsn0w 0.9.6b2, any other arguments are outside of the scope of this thread.

Well, to answer my own question. So far.
    Last edited by Beniled; 2010-11-19 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Ya I heard mobile substrate had issues with redsnow. When you say so far do you means b2 has been better?