Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreak probs, 1600 error

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default jailbreak probs, 1600 error
    been going in circles for a while now and really frustrated.. heres a breakdown of what is going on

iphone 3g 4.1
    built new ipsw w pwnage tool
    installed - "worked" fine
    tried to unlock w ultrasn0w but it service was stuck on searching
    went back and restored orig firmware
    tried to install custom ipsw but am getting the 1600 error

ive already tried "cleaning up" the iphone update folder

all i want is my phone unlocked asap, need it for work. i could care a less if it is jailbroken

help would be deeply appreciated! thanks in advance,
    -Nic
    Last edited by neezy; 2010-11-18 at 09:26 AM.

What is your baseband?

I'm guessing it's 05.14.02 which is currently unlockable. We are expecting a new unlock to be available any time.

You should care about a jailbreak because you are going to have to jailbreak before you can unlock.

If you are getting 1600 errors then it's probably because you are not in DFU mode properly (maybe you are in recovery mode? is the screen black)

If you are on 05.14.02 then you should jailbreak the phone with limerain or greenpoison first. Then try to install fuzzyband through cydia. Fuzzyband is the only possible way of potentially downgrading your baseband to something unlockable. It ONLY works on 3G phones and only a limited number of them. Just try to run it and if it doesn't work then your waiting for the new unlock that all the other folks that are on 4.1.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

neezy (2010-11-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for the response. Downloading greenpois0n now.. I have a few questions real quick.

I think I'm doing DFU correctly... screen is black.
    Yes my baseband is 05.14.02
    What is the host/address for fuzzyband?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Fuzzyband can be found inside of Cydia through a search. When you launch it, it will seem like it is stuck on "Querying Modem", but just give it a minute or so to finish. It will then tell you if you can or cannot downgrade/upgrade your modem's baseband. It would have to be one of the very first models of the 3G for it to work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

neezy (2010-11-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok well, greenpois0n is not working and being malicious to my computer lol. what is the current status of 4.0 jailbreak/unlock?

also, limera1n is stuck on "in DFU mode...wait"
    Last edited by neezy; 2010-11-18 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If your baseband is 05.14.xx , you cannot unlock unless you have bootloader 5.8, use iforecast to see if you have it. You can jailbreak your 4.1 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

neezy (2010-11-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok, I can't find a download on iForecast for Mac.. So since I need this phone for work, ASAP what is the latest firmware I can unlock/jailbreak? And now I have to downgrade my firmware, which I have a feeling is going to be a pain in the ***... Whatever happened to the one click ziphone days lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can check with iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iforecast to see if your bootloader is 5.8.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

You arent going to be able to unlock with that baseband unless you have one of the very few 5.8 bootloader iPhone 3G. Downgrade to 3.1.3, use redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak then install fuzzyband from cydia to check. But it is a long shot.

Thanks

If you have 05.14.02 then you cannot unlock your phone. The only way to downgrade a baseband is if you have the rare iphone 3G that has bootloader 5.8. Since you went to 4.1 you should now jailbreak with Greenpoison and then using Wifi look for Fuzzyband in Cydia. If fuzzyband tells you that your phone modem cannot be downgraded then you have to wait for the dev team to release the unlock once Apple drops 4.2.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

neezy (2010-11-18)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can check with iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iforecast to see if your bootloader is 5.8.
    I am not sure if f0recast has been updated for Mac but it still may work just for the purpose of showing his bootloader. ih8snow.com is down right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    If you have 05.14.02 then you cannot unlock your phone. The only way to downgrade a baseband is if you have the rare iphone 3G that has bootloader 5.8. Since you went to 4.1 you should now jailbreak with Greenpoison and then using Wifi look for Fuzzyband in Cydia. If fuzzyband tells you that your phone modem cannot be downgraded then you have to wait for the dev team to release the unlock once Apple drops 4.2.
    Greenpoison doesnt work on iPhone 3G. But maybe your idea is less time consuming than mine. If you are at 4.1 right now just use redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to jailbreak and then check fuzzyband.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-18 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

My apologies, I have been out of the iphone loop for a minute. With already being on 4.1, what would be the easiest/fastest way to unlock my iphone? (3G)

Thanks

as of now you can't, you are stuck waiting for the next unlock, that is unless as mentioned before you have the 5.8 bootloader (would have to be very early 3G to have it), you can restore to 3.1.3 and install fuzzyband and it will tell which bootloader you have

Green Apple
    Thanks

How is this? My cousin is on 3.x and is running T-Mobile?

Thanks

because when you updated to 4.1 your baseband was updated and that particular baseband can not be unlocked at this time

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I am not sure if f0recast has been updated for Mac but it still may work just for the purpose of showing his bootloader. ih8snow.com is down right now though.

Greenpoison doesnt work on iPhone 3G. But maybe your idea is less time consuming than mine. If you are at 4.1 right now just use redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to jailbreak and then check fuzzyband.
    Thank you for the correction. I meant to type Limera1n, but have the greenpois0n stuck in my mind.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-11-19)

Thanks

Well that explains the Waiting For DFU mode issue I ran into last night! Thank goodness for the Pwnage Tool.

Thanks

I am sorta using it. I use OSX in VMWare to create the custom firmwares, but I use Windows to install them. I have all of the components now to have OSX on one hard drive and Windows on another hard drive. I just have to actually put the second hard drive into my laptop and do the installs.

I used iReb to get passed the 1600 error yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast