Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g iOs4.1 JB Problem

Default iPhone 3g iOs4.1 JB Problem
    Ok, this is going to be a long one so please bare with me.

I upgraded my iPhone 3G 3.1.3(Jailbroken with spirit) to Apple standard 4.1 that I downloaded from the web. I then Jailbroke that using redsn0w 0.9.6b1. However, I ran into the mobile substrate problems reported elsewhere. I was advised to use sn0wbreeze to retry; this is what I did.

1. I reflashed to apples standard 4.1
    2. I "cooked" a custome IPSW with sn0wbreeze 2.1; enabled backgrounding, wallpapers, battery %, both custom logos, and verbose boot, and disable the hactivate option.
    3. used iReb to dfu, got the green screen.
    4. iTunes 10.1 came up and I shift + restore and select the custom IPSW
    5. it runs fine and reboots, I have my custom logo and verbose boot.
    6. comes up emergency screen, and iTunes can't activate and am told to find an apple store.
    7. reboot both computer and iPhone, same thing, several attempts
    8. after a long fight I was finally able to get iTunes to restore to standard 4.1 again.

So, I am not sure. I may have effed up somewhere. But, I have never had any luck with jailbreak programs that require iTunes. I was wondering if the newest version of redsh0w 0.9.6b2 fixed the mobile substrate problems of b1?
    Last edited by Beniled; 2010-11-18 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You have uncheck the hactivate part, so when you are in Emergency Screen, you are supposed to put in your official sim to activate.
    Now that you are back to 4.1, activate with official sim and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b2.

Yeah, I am with ATT in the US. I had the sim in the whole time... I know redsn0w works, but does the new version work with mobile substrate?redsn02 0.9.6b1 did not.