Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Yes redo the process but first completely uninstall wifi sync.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

BobbyW (2011-04-27)

Many many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It worked flawlessly! Now all i have to do is unlock it and sync back the apps. I remember seeing the brightness slider being in the multitasking bar, was that only on the ipad?

I gotta say after using 4.3.2 on my iPhone 4 for a day now, it's very sluggish at random intervals. You know it's bad when even in Safe Mode it's slow. Anyone aware of some Cydia related packages that might not be 4.3.2 compatible yet that might be causing this?

The usual, activator, multi icon mover, backgrounder, locktopus, snap tap, spring flash, user agent faker among others. In short almost the same stuff i had while on 4.1. The thing is, when i boot up the phone or respring, when the lockscreen with the keypad shows up, it stays frozen on that for about 10-15 seconds. When on the springboard it works alright with some hints of lag, specially when you open the settings panel for the first time.

Thanks

One of those may not be fully compatible then. Im sure backgrounder could slow things down a bit by itself too. I haven't used it since 4.0.

I turned it off and still get the lag. I think it might be activator, i have to remove that and see what happens.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^I agree w/Simon, backgrounder has many set-up options which when set incorrectly may not play nicely with standard multitasking. I tried it with my first 4.2.1 restore and after awhile my 3GS became terribly laggy.

This last restore I've been careful when loading anything, always looking at free memory after a new install and reboot and any noticeable delay.

For my 3GS on 4.2.1, Winterboard and backgrounder did not make the cut on 4.2.1 because they used too much memory and appeared to introduce a bit of slowness.

Note: Using SBSettings / More to disable a MS is not exactly the same as uninstalling. One never knows if there are other 'hooks', tweaks, and/or changes.

Note2: Activator is required w/SBSettings and work fine for me.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-04-28 at 05:25 PM.

Alright after removing a few settings i didn't really use the phone is back to the 4.1 speed i had. The only little thing that's bugging me is the close icon on apps, instead of being a red minus or red x, it's a black x icon. I checked every single one of my themes and none of them are responsible for it. The icons in the switcher bar don't wiggle either when you hold it pressed. I removed SwitcherMod and no change at all. Anyone know what's causing it?

I noticed the problem with the sluggish performance is solved by a restart but i'm really wondering why it's happening at all. What seems to trigger it is when i plug the phone in for charging. When i pick it back up after it's 100%, it's usually very lagging. Just putting the passcode in is delayed and opening the settings "app" it stays on the settings background for a few seconds until it shows the options finally. Any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoboCop1 View Post
    I was having waaayyyy too much problems jaillbreaking my iPhone. Downgrading was just too much work.

But a mate of mine told me that this site called {mod edit, link removed} does software that unlocks/jailbreaks your iPhone. It cost me $6, but it worked so ive no arguments against paying just 6 bucks for it.

Give it a try... Worked with me no prob.
    Any site offering a software unlock for a price is a scam. All software unlocks are always free.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Got cha again Simon, lolz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Got cha again Simon, lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Any site offering a software unlock for a price is a scam. All software unlocks are always free.
    Yup see Dev-Team Blog - Scam season
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

A friend recently jail broke my iphone 4.1 and now I am missing my App Store and original calculator. I have been using Cydia and Winterboard. Any suggestions on how to get my app store and original calculator back?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have sbsetttings installed or 5 icon dock?

Hey Cowboy,

I have SBRotator4 Cracked & Infinidick Cracked. Are those the same thing?

Sorry I can't help you with cracked apps that is against forum rules. But those are probably why you are missing apps FYI

Quote Originally Posted by mmonter01 View Post
    A friend recently jail broke my iphone 4.1 and now I am missing my App Store and original calculator. I have been using Cydia and Winterboard. Any suggestions on how to get my app store and original calculator back?

Thanks in advance!
    Go back to winterboard and undo what you did, if no luck then the only option is to restore back to 4.1 and rejailbreak it again. But you must have your SHSH saved in order to restore back to 4.1......
    Let's assume you have backup your device recently, if not do it now! So you can sync all the infos back to your device after you rejailbreak it, your friend should know how to perform all of this, also I want to remind you if your baseband was preserved on previous jb, he need to preserve it again for unlock !!

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast