Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

'no service" wifi works......

my bad!! here we go again....

bingo, how sweet it is, i just notice this phone flys now really fast!!
    I was thinking too much when i was creating thw cfw i thought i chech hacktivate so that when my friend put his t-mobile sim card in well activate the phone not thinking i still need to unlock with ultrasnow...
    so now all he has to do is put his t-mobile card in and don't miss a beep!! right ;-)
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-02-21 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2011-02-21)

thanks for all your help, you're the man!!

lastly this hacktivate is not gonna hurt anything right?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Your push notifications and youtube may not work. You can use SAM to fix that though.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Hactivation Your iPhone Using Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)
    Last edited by Simon; 2011-02-21 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i was told by checking hacktivate, the phone will keep searching the activation certificate, cause the phone to connect to internet on and on and if you don't have unlimited data plan this could be costly, the phone will over heat due to log on to interneton ans on at the same time drains the battery. should i recreate another cfw uncheck the hacktivate and redo the jailbreak again??

i've already created another cfw without hacktivate its already to go, just need your blessing:-)
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-02-21 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ya, go for it. That will clear up any problems. You will have to activate it with your ATT sim in that case. Everything should work fine after.

let me go over this with you do all the same except this time i'll be pointing to the new cfw. and this won't mess up anything because i'm over run sb over it again

Thanks

Yup, do the exact same way you did it before but point to the new custom firmware instead.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2011-02-21)

its loading up now, i do have my att card to activate and then i can unlock with ultrasnow, and thats all in the nut shell.... i gain so much knowledge in the last two days working with u , thanks again :-)

its done!! i just got to thinking, my friend is taking this phone oversea what happens if something happens to the phone and it needs to restore,etc. will he need somebody att card to reactivate? just a thought?
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-02-21 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ya, he would need a ATT card to activate it. Or you can just give him the hactivated custom firmware. I would suggest just getting a ATT sim card for him, it doesnt have to be active or anything. I have quite a few of them I use and none of them are active ones.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2011-02-21)

thanks for the info, i guess the hacktivation is for user stayin oversea so you don't need activation. but there is drawback to that method. SAM....more work involved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default limera1n vs Redsn0w vs limited pc knowledge
    ]3gs, 4.0.2, 05:13:04, 06:15:00 Never been UL or Broke
    Mac os 10.6.6/windows XP on same

Please look over my shoulder on this. I've read quite a bit (just saying I'm not lazy)
    I want to use my phone on tmobile. Don't care about JB except as a means to UL.
    It looks like I can JB with limera1n but I've used a pc very little. I'm afraid that when I plug in and run itunes, it will sync automatically and mess things up.

I read redsn0w will work on my mac but must have the FW. I've downloaded redsn0w 9.5b5-5 and FW iPhone2,1_4.0.2_8A400_Restore.ipsw. Do I need to dl 4.0 as well? (a while back I did this on a 2g and needed two FWs)

After that, looks like I need Ultrasn0w to unlock. From my last experience, I Jailbroke, unlocked and loaded cydia all at the same time.

Would you recommend the pc Limera1n or the Redsn0w Mac route? Can I unlock in the process?

Thanks for the

I am currently using att with activated phone.
    Last edited by nachoman; 2011-02-21 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would take it a step further, why not use snowbreeze(window) pwenage( Mac) both of these apps preserve your base band for ulock with ultrasn0w 1.2. I use window so I'll kinda go with the motions here. #1 d/l iOS 4.2.1 firmware, and snowbreeze 2.2.1 for 4.2.1 fw run sb as admin.ake sure it says for 4.2.1

Sorry I hit send, once sb open click ok or update If there is an update dl it and start over, click on browse and point to the fw 4.2.1 point to iphone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw double click and it should verified, blue arrow select expert mode, general, > next will select options unchecked all ( u do have a AT&T sim card?) if not check activate iPhone blue arrow blue arrow again to the screen that have an green check next to general, now check build ipsw and let it build. Once the fw is build it will take you to next page and follow the instructions to put the phone in DFU mode u know you're in DFU mode because screen is black, then open itune. It will acknowledge u need to restore!! You must hold down shift key and click restore together*** this is very important** and that's it you'll get a snowflake and graph bar..
    After all is finish open check and see if u have 4.2.1 and ur old bb... (shift/restore make sure you select the firmware u just created it will have snowbreeze and the firmware # on it) if all is good pat ur self on the back!! Open cydia let it load up then look for search at the bottom select and type ultrasnow new page pops up with ultrasnow 1.2 install/confirm and ur done!!
    Good luck. .... Give x98car a thanks he walk me thru this, if he's not available look up iAnnie or Mes these people are wonderful!!

Please read and understand it be for you proceed!! Good luck
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-02-22 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil001 View Post
    I would take it a step further, why not use snowbreeze(window) pwenage( Mac) both of these apps preserve your base band for ulock with ultrasn0w 1.2. I use window so I'll kinda go with the motions here. #1 d/l iOS 4.2.1 firmware, and snowbreeze 2.2.1 for 4.2.1 fw run sb as admin.ake sure it says for 4.2.1

Sorry I hit send, once sb open click ok or update If there is an update dl it and start over, click on browse and point to the fw 4.2.1 point to iphone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw double click and it should verified, blue arrow select expert mode, general, > next will select options unchecked all ( u do have a AT&T sim card?) if not check activate iPhone blue arrow blue arrow again to the screen that have an green check next to general, now check build ipsw and let it build. Once the fw is build it will take you to next page and follow the instructions to put the phone in DFU mode u know you're in DFU mode because screen is black, then open itune. It will acknowledge u need to restore!! You must hold down shift key and click restore together*** this is very important** and that's it you'll get a snowflake and graph bar..
    After all is finish open check and see if u have 4.2.1 and ur old bb... (shift/restore make sure you select the firmware u just created it will have snowbreeze and the firmware # on it) if all is good pat ur self on the back!! Open cydia let it load up then look for search at the bottom select and type ultrasnow new page pops up with ultrasnow 1.2 install/confirm and ur done!!
    Good luck. .... Give x98car a thanks he walk me thru this, if he's not available look up iAnnie or Mes these people are wonderful!!

Please read and understand it be for you proceed!! Good luck

Thanks for the good advice! I'm more comfortable on the Mac. I'll check out Pwnage...if that's not clear to me, I'll go with Sn0wbreeze. Will this be untethered?

I ordered my TMO sim card. I'll try this in a couple days. So many smart people on this board

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nachoman For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (2011-02-22)

yes its untethered,if ur a mac user then dl pwnage tool, good luck

its too bad x98car is not online, he's a smart cookie
    Last edited by Neil001; 2011-02-22 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK, I think I'm ready. Kind of worried though. Do I have everything?

iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
    PwnageTool_4.1.2
    Virgin 3gs: 4.0.2, 05:13:04, 06:15:00, on att network
    Snow Leopard on Mac, Latest itunes upgrade.

I read several tutorials here's the procedure cliff notes.

Run pwnage tool in easy mode (this will jailbreak automatically)
    don't choose activate
    Restore restore to new custom firmware (careful with the option key)
    re-sync to get apps, contacts, music and such
    confirm phone is activated on att network.
    Remove sim
    put in new tmobile sim
    Save money

Am I good to go?

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast