Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS pwnage fail 4.1

Default 3GS pwnage fail 4.1
    I bought an MC model 3GS running firmware 3.1.2 bb 5.11.07, 29th week.
    I tried to jailbreak with pnwagetool 4.1.2 on my G5 Power PC but it failed big time. The phone wouldn't accept the firmware, and was stuck in recovery mode. I then tried loading the custom firmware from my Macbook , error 1600, error 23, error 1604 and apple verification server unavailable. I was able to put the phone into DFU or recovery mode, checking in system profiler, but I continued to get error 1600 and or a message saying the apple verification couldn't be completed due to apple server being unavailable.
    I was frustrated and bummed and after researching for a couple days I decided to bite the bullet and update to apple 4.1 through itunes fully knowing the bb would be updated making the phone locked until they released the new version of ultrasn0w.
    It worked, I jailbreaked using greenpois0n and everything is as good as it can be circumstances considered, just wondering one thing: can I now try to load a custom firmware w/pwnagetool so that when I want to upgrade firmware in the future I won't necessarily run into the same issues?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

It wont make a difference at this point if you use a custom firmware. Just make sure you save your 4.1 SHSH with tiny umbrella.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

When the new unlock for the 4.1 has come out and if you want to preserve your unlock but you want to upgrade any future firmware, you should use Custom firmware to restore.