Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacktivation?

Default Hacktivation?
    Could someone explain to me what this does?

I tired using it to activate a JB iphone to give to my girl on ATT but when i put the SIM in it would never connect (3g on 4.1)

is it an unlock? Can you hacktivate for use with ATT?

I ended up just putting my sim into the phone and wating for it to connect then taking mine out and putting hers in, after turning off data since she doesnt want the data plan.We used to do this on my old 2g for her but i came accross a super cheap 3g and wanted to update her a bit.

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you are with ATNT, you should use the sim to activate it first before you jailbreak at 4.1, otherwise you will not have service. The stock 4.1 ipsw cannot be unlock for other carriers.

so its an unlock but since 4.1 is unlockable right now it basically does squat butr screw with stuff....

thanks

Do you know if using my sim to unlock that phone does anything to my account. My buddy said he thought it renewed my contract, i could call later but man i hate talking to ATT

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I don't think it will renew contract by itself, they will probably charge you the data plan if you use it.